List of Pubs where World Cup football is not a feature

I fear the Wig & Pen is football-free no longer..... just got this mail from them:

"Dear Customers!

We’ve just installed a 6’ projector screen in our Upstairs room for media purposes and are taking the opportunity to show the last leg of the World Cup.

Our room will hold about 25 people, so why not celebrate us winnng?

Group bookings can be made, for more details, please contact us on 0114 276 3988."

Having been in the city for 15 years we know what its like when England play sadly its no fun after the match for example

12pm start drinking

4pm match starts

6pm match ends

7pm out of match bar

This means that when normal people come into town to go out on Saturday night, are met by 1/2000 people that have been drinking for up to 7 hours in the day, that why west street live is a football free zone.

Having been in the city for 15 years we know what its like when England play sadly its no fun after the match for example

12pm start drinking

4pm match starts

6pm match ends

7pm out of match bar

This means that when normal people come into town to go out on Saturday night, are met by 1/2000 people that have been drinking for up to 7 hours in the day, that why west street live is a football free zone.

I have to object to your use of the term "normal people" when talking about non football fans. What exactly are you implying? That everyone who watches the match on Saturday and who will be in the pub at midday (like myself) is some kind of hooligan or drunken moron?

Those who want to act like idiots, will do it regardless of ale or the football being on, and whilst there will undoubtedly also be a minority who become boisterous after a couple of shandys, there are just as many non footballing fans who can act equally odiously on a night out.

Archived