Police Interceptors

There are now numerous TV programs which involves speeding cars and low level crimes.

When it does state the results of the courts, the sentences are often underwhelming, never too harsh. Sometimes offenders take to the road after being banned, so banning them is no punishment at all.

You would think that the number of TV means that it takes a lot of police resources, but some are repeats.

But it does seem like a massive problem, because people can just buy another pool car and offend again.

The fines that offenders get seem low, but more needs to be done to stop re-offending.

I can't stand this type of shows  

The coppers generally act like they are the stars of the show or celebrities. Over acting, thinking they are cool or funny ot both 

And don't get me started on the dog 'handlers'. 

Absoloute muppets.

But yeah, the sentencing did seem pathetic when I watched those programs. 

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I can't stand this type of shows  

I like them, which is why I notice that there are loads of them. People must like them, they even have the Australian version.

Their police seem much more laid back and their attitude to MOTs and such is very lax. Living/driving miles from civilization is very different.

6 minutes ago, geared said:

Result of many years underfunding the Police, prison service and CPS.

We have police helicopters assisting the police, it must cost a fortune. Then when they are caught, the charges can be dangerous driving. So a driving ban and not much more. When in fact the offender was putting peoples lives at risk.

41 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I like them, which is why I notice that there are loads of them. People must like them, they even have the Australian version.

Their police seem much more laid back and their attitude to MOTs and such is very lax. Living/driving miles from civilization is very different.

They have other issues to deal with though.  Drink driving is still quite prevalent, and increasingly drug driving on stuff like Meth is becoming an issue.

42 minutes ago, El Cid said:

We have police helicopters assisting the police, it must cost a fortune. Then when they are caught, the charges can be dangerous driving. So a driving ban and not much more. When in fact the offender was putting peoples lives at risk.

Don't forget the police cars that get smashed up, damage to public property.  Can cost a hell of a lot.

CPS decides on what to prosecute though, so for all the effort the coppers put in they have to sit back and watch.

2 hours ago, geared said:

They have other issues to deal with though.  Drink driving is still quite prevalent, and increasingly drug driving on stuff like Meth is becoming an issue.

Drug driving due to smoking cannabis seems very strict, you can drink two pints and be under the limit.

But smoke cannabis the same week and it could be positive.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, El Cid said:

There are now numerous TV programs which involves speeding cars and low level crimes.

When it does state the results of the courts, the sentences are often underwhelming, never too harsh. Sometimes offenders take to the road after being banned, so banning them is no punishment at all.

You would think that the number of TV means that it takes a lot of police resources, but some are repeats.

But it does seem like a massive problem, because people can just buy another pool car and offend again.

The fines that offenders get seem low, but more needs to be done to stop re-offending.

They should be banished to the jungle with ant and dec or would that be too severe.

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

you can drink two pints and be under the limit.

No.

They often serve their beer differently, so what you can drink and still drive is not based around a pint, it's based around the Schooner (425ml).

The advice for men from Australian authorities is:

As a general guide, to stay below the open licence limit, males can have a maximum of two standard drinks in the first hour, and one standard drink each hour after that;

A 'standard drink' is a schooner of beer at 3% ABV