New Bar At Banner Cross

Bargepole23

Itchy Pig hands down the best boozer at Banner Cross. Ever changing beers , all types and styles. Big choice of cask and keg. Alreet not the cheapest when compared to some places but I'd rather have fewer pints of quality beer which is a bit more expensive than loads of cheap rubbish.

Dark Horse is alreet but beers always the same and not really my type of place. I feel as if I have to dress up to go in there. 

Looking forward to the opening of the new Holt bar. Anyone any ideas as to what sort of place it's going to be. 

Also really like The Beer House,  Ale Club and Portland nearer town. 

Not been in The Banner for years...

9 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

Itchy Pig hands down the best boozer at Banner Cross. Ever changing beers , all types and styles. Big choice of cask and keg. Alreet not the cheapest when compared to some places but I'd rather have fewer pints of quality beer which is a bit more expensive than loads of cheap rubbish.

Dark Horse is alreet but beers always the same and not really my type of place. I feel as if I have to dress up to go in there. 

Looking forward to the opening of the new Holt bar. Anyone any ideas as to what sort of place it's going to be. 

Also really like The Beer House,  Ale Club and Portland nearer town. 

Not been in The Banner for years...

I had a nosy through the window a few nights ago, they had boxes of glasses with Asahi printed on, so certainly catering for lager drinking connoisseurs like myself.

Never been in the Ale Club, but always happy to find myself in Itchy Pig, Dark Horse, Beer House or Portland. The range of lagers is constantly changing and they taste pretty much identical 😀

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It’s more a restaurant than a bar. Here’s the owner on Facebook:

“New independent restaurant on Ecclesall road. We are looking for a committed hard working special someone to bring their experience and ideas to the table and to be part of the set up and menu.”