A Cat Has Killed Our Hereward

Our pet crow Hereward the wake , has been murdered by a neighbours soddin cat .

Hereward came to us three years ago when he was a baby crow ,He was disheveled and alone ,our dogs found him cowering in the field , 

So  i put him in the hut and fed him dog meat and biscuits , then when he was strong let him  go . 

He went on his way and  a year later he was sat on our fence quarking and cawing along with his now girlfriend 

So we fed him and every morning he would give us a call , thats why we called him Hereward the wake , He woke us up .

But yesterday we watched the black cat from across the road  jump on him and kill him .

We are distraught ,and if that bleeeeeddin thing comes in our garden ,    muckin and pithing all or    I hope our Tabs and Rita sheck the ****te out of it .

6 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Hereward came to us three years ago when he was a baby crow ,He was disheveled and alone ,our dogs found him cowering in the field , 

So  i put him in the hut and fed him dog meat and biscuits , then when he was strong let him  go . 

He went on his way and  a year later he was sat on our fence quarking and cawing along with his now girlfriend 

So we fed him and every morning he would give us a call , thats why we called him Hereward the wake , He woke us up .

But yesterday we watched the black cat from across the road  jump on him and kill him .

We are distraught ,and if that bleeeeeddin thing comes in our garden ,    muckin and pithing all or    I hope our Tabs and Rita sheck the ****te out of it .

🙏 Feel your loss Cuttsie

7 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I know how you feel because I  feed the birds two or three times a day.  Sometimes they peck on my bedroom window, while I’m still in bed telling me to get up and feed them. When I do feed them they are all sitting on my roof waiting for me to bring the bird seed out. I do have neighbourhood cats patrolling my garden but they never catch the birds. I do however know how you feel, because they become your pets don’t they?

• Like 1

When I lived north of the border, the next door neighbour used to feed the 'birds' at 7am, trying to entice them to take it from his hand. Unfortunately for me, they were Herring gulls and would sit waiting just outside my bedroom window. Have you ever heard a gull in "full cry" from 3 yards away? My love for these dear little birds was sorely tested.

Edited by carosio

24 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Flapper!

The "Padders Bar" parrot will sort your neighbours soddin cat out.

If you can put up with his language I will willingly let you have him for ever a couple of days......

Just now, Padders said:

Flapper!

The "Padders Bar" parrot will sort your neighbours soddin cat out.

If you can put up with his language I will willingly let you have him for ever a couple of days......

Is he a Macaw , Senegal or African grey ,   The Macaws can crack Brazil nuts , so that cat had better watch it .

If you’d never done what you did do then you’d not be feeling how you feel. No use blaming the cat, our soft as **** dog jumped on a pigeon that must have had a heart attack, she just wanted to play, but that’s life in the animal world, your feelings do you proud.

11 minutes ago, crookesey said:

If you’d never done what you did do then you’d not be feeling how you feel. No use blaming the cat, our soft as **** dog jumped on a pigeon that must have had a heart attack, she just wanted to play, but that’s life in the animal world, your feelings do you proud.

Cats kill for pleasure they never eat the birds or mice just torment them ,  Tom and Jerry .