Strike Action

17 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You're bang on Anna 

All these right wing scrubbers who are whining about the strikes forget that one of the complaints the strikers have is their impossible working conditions; and that the ratio of staff to patients goes frequently beyond that which is safe or clinically necessary for proper patient care. Their cause is the patient cause.

Many of the staff have left the service because they are ill and burned out. The ones that are left are having to pick up the pieces. 

You should have got another job then 🙄

I did.

Never looked back.

No unions, no bitching, no whining....

Love it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Axe said:

You mean despicable, selfish, cowardly  non politicians who are striking.

They most certainly have.  Businesses both big and small have lost huge amounts of revenue at what should have been the busiest time of the year due to their cowardly selfish behaviour. Those businesses affected will look for alternative reliable parcel firms next year meaning there will be Royal Mail strikers made redundant. 

You sound like either a wind up merchant, or a very selfish person , I don’t care which you are But why don’t you stand out side the Northern General Hospital stating what your views are ,  on a big placard   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

I don't care about the front bench. I care about ordinary non politicians who are unfairly affected by these cowardly one or two day strikes. 

You keep repeating the word "cowardly"  regarding these strikes.

Maybe you should look up what that word means and it certainly doesn't mean "workers fighting for decent wages and conditions".

If I am wrong, quote the dictionary and I will apologise to you.

In the meantime, maybe an English language course  would help you to keep up.

It does get clearer and clearer how much these strikes are getting through and annoying you greedy and selfish government supporters

which shows that they are doing absolutely the right thing  and proves how much the job they do is so important to you and how they deserve fair deal.

If you could manage without them you would,   but you can't

2 minutes ago, Slinny said:

You sound like either a wind up merchant, or a very selfish person , I don’t care which you are But why don’t you stand out side the Northern General Hospital stating what your views are ,  on a big placard   

With respect that particular pastime is reserved for the left wing activists...

😉

9 minutes ago, trastrick said:

There's no Post Office, where I live.

But everybody can instantly communicate in real time with anybody else in the world, by word, voice and video. And 2 days for an Amazon parcel, delivered to the nearest bus terminal, or Western Union office! And a cheerful horde of motoconchos happy to pick it up for you.

There's no demand here for some ancient bureaucratic authority (with a Royal Seal) to decide when you can send, or receive a communication.

There is  a demand in England. Plus we have lots of delivery/courier companies now so it's not just Royal Mail.

47 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I used be employed by the post office, worked at the main offices in Pond Street.

I didn't want to join the union and word got around and I faced animosity from fellow colleagues to the point some completely ignored me.

My parents eventually persuaded me to join as it was getting me down so I paid my dues. It's nothing more than a racquet.

I know for a fact that when strikes did happen, apart from the ultra left, the majority just wanted a few days off to either go fishing or sit in front of the t.v.

As a side note, I've never experienced a more set of whining, childish and bitchy workforce in all my working life.

Oh dear, you poor thing.  Seems like you have had a traumatic experience being in a union.

You should have run to be a Tory MP, they are even worse.

If you are not with your fellow workers, you are usually against them so the possible results can be expected.

I know it's hard to put up with whinging, childish, whining and bitchy people but that's what we are having to put up with on this forum.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

Oh dear, you poor thing.  Seems like you have had a traumatic experience being in a union.

You should have run to be a Tory MP, they are even worse.

If you are not with your fellow workers, you are usually against them so the possible results can be expected.

I know it's hard to put up with whinging, childish, whining and bitchy people but that's what we are having to put up with on this forum.

I had a traumatic experience by NOT being in a union....

Do keep up.

👍

18 minutes ago, trastrick said:

There's no Post Office, where I live.

But everybody can instantly communicate in real time with anybody else in the world, by word, voice and video. And 2 days for an Amazon parcel, delivered to the nearest bus terminal, or Western Union office! And a cheerful horde of motoconchos happy to pick it up for you.

There's no demand here for some ancient bureaucratic authority (with a Royal Seal) to decide when you can send, or receive a communication.

There is a demand here, which is why it's getting  the Tories backs up.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

I had a traumatic experience by NOT being in a union....

Do keep up.

👍

Just shows that you must be prone, like our government, to making the wrong decisions and doing the wrong thing.

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

With respect that particular pastime is reserved for the left wing activists...

😉

No, reserved for those who have the backbone to stand up for what they believe, unlike you.

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

There is a demand here, which is why it's getting  the Tories backs up.

Just shows that you must be prone, like our government, to making the wrong decisions and doing the wrong thing.

No, reserved for those who have the backbone to stand up for what they believe, unlike you.

Aye ok.

👍

30 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Why thank you.

Is that why they fell for the crap from Johnson, Cameron and Truss?

Exactly, It's that posh accent which pulls them in and they hope they will finish up as rich as them too.