Strike Action

16 minutes ago, El Cid said:

How bad should the NHS care be allowed to be? Paying more money into the NHS will decrease inflation, if their rise is below inflation.

High wage rises did not cause inflation, that was caused by the government spending more than it raised in taxes, printing money 

that's a good bit of logic, you should let the unions know, it would make a good slogan

they're asking for 19%, 5% above rpi, 8% above cpi

whatever you pay them above zero affects inflation and tax, tax that other people have to cough up

I have a better idea, flat 4% for all public sector workers, virtue signallers can cough up the rest, forget your marches, write a cheque

Edited by fools

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I would like to see someone organise a march. Ambulance crew and the NHS workers should not have to strike.

A march in every major city to show support for the NHS.

Yes I would go on one in Sheffield 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Meet you tomorrow ,outside Town Hall  :thumbsup:

Have conservative chalked on your back .oh and bring domy boy ,  night night

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, fools said:

I have a better idea, flat 4% for all public sector workers, virtue signallers can cough up the rest, forget your marches, write a cheque

I believe the public sector pay rise works out at 5%, so that's at least 5% below inflation. If all the country got 5% below inflation, the economy would shrink by 5% and it would be much worse.

But the government have increased benefits by 10% so at least some can stop working and actually get more money.

1 hour ago, fools said:

how high would you like inflation and taxation to go

We could save money /taxes by reducing the number of MPs, Lords, and local councillors who are overpaid and underworked, and by limiting their expenses. We can also knock off the many subsidies in the bars and restaurants in the house of Commons. We can then get the big guns out and hold them to their heads to improve productivity.

They are always in favour of making cuts and saving money so let's start with them for a change. I promise hardly anyone will miss them, and the world will keep on turning....   

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What ?

I enjoy all this keep it up 

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What ?

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What ?

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What ?

Keep it up H I enjoy all this ,  night  night  , 

On 08/12/2022 at 19:01, Mister M said:

I'm sure someone will have already posted this on this thread, but I was a little baffled a couple of days ago when the Health Secretary Steve Barclay complained on the radio news that if ambulance staff go on strike then people like "the elderly who fall" will have to wait longer for help.

Has he been hiding all these years? People are already having to wait unfeasibly long for ambulances....:rolleyes:

In fact some health service staff were on the radio saying that if they do go on strike, then the Government will have to impose minimum service guarantees, which will probably mean that during strikes, people will receive a better service as there will be more staff mandated on shifts.

Labour could do a better job of winning votes if they addressed the nation rather than always using this tactic. 

When Reeves was talking about rail strikes the other day, she was saying that the staff deserved more, because trains are so important for:

our dear precious nurses and doctors and underpaid social care staff to get to work. 

parents on low incomes taking their poor starving dying children to hospital appointments, 

etc etc.

They always use this tactic. I think people can see through it. They never mention most people who use it to get to work, or go out spending money in businesses etc.

Edited by *_ash_*
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Labour could do a better job of winning votes if they addressed the nation rather than always using this tactic. 

When Reeves was talking about rail strikes the other day, she was saying that the staff deserved more, because trains are so important for:

our dear precious nurses and doctors and underpaid social care staff to get to work. 

parents on low incomes taking their poor starving dying children to hospital appointments, 

etc etc.

They always use this tactic. I think people can see through it. They never mention most people who use it to get to work, or go out spending money in businesses etc.

Surely nurses go to work. And they spend money in businesses.

Likewise parents with ill kids.

The point being that if we don’t pay everybody properly, they will stop spending. This is precisely the wrong time for that to happen