Strike Action

2 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

IMO the NHS has pretty much the same problem as the care sector, nobody that's actually qualified and knows what they're doing wants to work LONG hours for hardly any money.

The Tories should have foreseen during the years of austerity, that this situation could not possibly carry on for ever and the day of reckoning would come.

If they want to recruit people to and they want to retain people for the NHS and the Care services, they will have to  pay the rates that people deserve whether they like it or not.

They manage to ensure that they all get a decent rate of pay.   There are no poor MP's,   ministers,  and Lords.

10 minutes ago, Axe said:

One of the reasons it was announced in yesterday's budget that the cap on tax free pension allowances was to be scrapped is to discourage Doctors and consultants not to take early retirement.  The Labour party plan to reverse the decision if they get in government.

That is not confined to the people they want though, namely doctors, consultants and GP's.

They have ensured that all rich people will benefit instead.

As always, the usual tory policy of,  look after those rich ones at the top,  whilst those at the bottom slide further down.

To the best of my knowledge,  Labour want to confine it to the people they need only.

Remember also, that it was  a tory chancellor, George Osborne, who set the cap in the first place, so they are really undoing their own handiwork..

12 minutes ago, Padders said:

We'll not need Doctors in the future Mr.X.

Artificial Intelligence will do the work for them.

That would be good.   Can we have some in the House of Commons too please?

Edited by Organgrinder

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That is not confined to the people they want though, namely doctors, consultants and GP's.

They have ensured that all rich people will benefit instead.

As always, the usual tory policy of,  look after those rich ones at the top,  whilst those at the bottom slide further down.

To the best of my knowledge,  Labour want to confine it to the people they need only.

Remember also, that it was  a tory chancellor, George Osborne, who set the cap in the first place, so they are really undoing their own handiwork..

I am just pointing out the reason for the scrapping of the cap.  It is ironic that Doctors and Consultants have been so well paid that they can afford to take early retirement with fantastic pensions and Junior Doctors who have the opportunity to become Doctors and Consultants and earn generous wages and big pension pots are complaining they are not being paid enough.

48 minutes ago, Axe said:

I am just pointing out the reason for the scrapping of the cap.  It is ironic that Doctors and Consultants have been so well paid that they can afford to take early retirement with fantastic pensions and Junior Doctors who have the opportunity to become Doctors and Consultants and earn generous wages and big pension pots are complaining they are not being paid enough.

And you know some of these junior doctors, who are on generous wages,  and complaining they are not being paid enough,  do you.

If they are on such generous wages,  could you explain why the government can't recruit more of them?

If they are on such generous wages,  could you explain why so many are leaving?

You would think that they would be grateful for a job like that wouldn't you?

You don't even know what you are talking about.

8 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

And you know some of these junior doctors, who are on generous wages,  and complaining they are not being paid enough,  do you.

If they are on such generous wages,  could you explain why the government can't recruit more of them?

I know what I am talking about because I did not say the Junior Doctors are on generous wages.  I clearly stated Junior Doctors have the opportunity to earn generous wages with a good pension pot in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

I know what I am talking about because I did not say the Junior Doctors are on generous wages.  I clearly stated Junior Doctors have the opportunity to earn generous wages with a good pension pot in the future. 

So you mean that for the time being, they should work for poor wages and be patient?

That's why they are getting a bit stroppy because they don't want to do that.

That still leaves us with a great shortage of doctors and nurses too.

We know that the government is finding it impossible to recruit them and we know that the government can't stop them leaving

so what do you think we should do in the meantime if you don't want to pay them properly?

8 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

So you mean that for the time being, they should work for poor wages and be patient?

That's why they are getting a bit stroppy because they don't want to do that.

That still leaves us with a great shortage of doctors and nurses too.

We know that the government is finding it impossible to recruit them and we know that the government can't stop them leaving

so what do you think we should do in the meantime if you don't want to pay them properly?

By acknowledging they are not on generous wages at the moment is not the same as stating they are on poor wages at the moment.  I believe they are on adequate wages at the moment and are disgrace by going on strike.  The government has had to borrow billions to fund the covid pandemic and recently have had to find money to fund every household with payments to help with the cost of energy bills.  Anyone working in the public sector should be grateful they have a job and should be thanking taxpayers in the private sector for providing them with a living.

I do not pretend to have any answers to the shortage of nurses and doctors but I do know above inflation rate pay rises will not solve the problem. 

2 hours ago, Axe said:

By acknowledging they are not on generous wages at the moment is not the same as stating they are on poor wages at the moment.  I believe they are on adequate wages at the moment and are disgrace by going on strike.  The government has had to borrow billions to fund the covid pandemic and recently have had to find money to fund every household with payments to help with the cost of energy bills.  Anyone working in the public sector should be grateful they have a job and should be thanking taxpayers in the private sector for providing them with a living.

I do not pretend to have any answers to the shortage of nurses and doctors but I do know above inflation rate pay rises will not solve the problem. 

It isn't you, who has to believe they are on adequate wages at the moment.   It is them and they obviously don't.  I am sure they will have more idea of this than you.

The government had to borrow Billions for the pandemic  but they also waste very many millions too.

Liz Truss cost us 35 Billion in one day and sent up everybody's mortgage.

There will shortly be a magnificent coronation for Charles,

It would appear that there is money to throw away any time at all except when NHS workers need a rise,

I'm sure public sector workers will be delighted to hear they should be grateful for a job.

I would think they would be even happier to tell you what to do with your job.

You cant say you don't have the answers and forget the problem.   You are the one who's telling them that they are a disgrace..

You and the lying ,cheating, bent tories you support are the disgrace.

All health treatment for you and your family ought to be withdrawn.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I will second that 

11 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

It isn't you, who has to believe they are on adequate wages at the moment.   It is them and they obviously don't.  I am sure they will have more idea of this then you.

The government had to borrow Billions for the pandemic  but they also waste very many millions too.

Liz Truss cost us 35 Billion in one day and sent up everybody's mortgage.

There will shortly be a magnificent coronation for Charles,

It would appear that there is money to throw away any time at all except when NHS workers need a rise,

I'm sure public sector workers will be delighted to hear they should be grateful for a job.

I would think they would be even happier to tell you what to do with your job.

You cant say you don't have the answers and forget the problem.   You are the one who's telling them that they are a disgrace..

You and the lying ,cheating, bent tories you support are the disgrace.

All health treatment for you and your family ought to be withdrawn.

An excellent rant.