Strike Action

21 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

It isn't you, who has to believe they are on adequate wages at the moment.   It is them and they obviously don't.  I am sure they will have more idea of this then you.

The government had to borrow Billions for the pandemic  but they also waste very many millions too.

Liz Truss cost us 35 Billion in one day and sent up everybody's mortgage.

There will shortly be a magnificent coronation for Charles,

It would appear that there is money to throw away any time at all except when NHS workers need a rise,

I'm sure public sector workers will be delighted to hear they should be grateful for a job.

I would think they would be even happier to tell you what to do with your job.

You cant say you don't have the answers and forget the problem.   You are the one who's telling them that they are a disgrace..

You and the lying ,cheating, bent tories you support are the disgrace.

All health treatment for you and your family ought to be withdrawn.

Wow.

31 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Liz Truss cost us 35 Billion in one day and sent up everybody's mortgage.

And again the lefties spout their glorious disinformation. Anyone who believes this doesn't understand how they are being played.

There are strike leaders wanting very large salary rises for their members .

Those who support these massive rises could volunteer to pay extra tax to fund them or refuse annual increases in their pensions if they do not need the extra ,money to help pay for them.

Just a bit of lateral thinking.

45 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Another bunch to go on strike.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64981979

Bet they weren't complaining when relaxing during covid and getting furlough payments. 

Five week strike.

Lovely Jubbly.  

It's a national scandal and a stain on this government's reputation that so many of its own workforce are living in poverty." Said Mr Serwotka

Poverty... Aye, ok.

Edited by Al Bundy

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Five week strike.

Lovely Jubbly.  

It's a national scandal and a stain on this government's reputation that so many of its own workforce are living in poverty." Said Mr Serwotka

Poverty... Aye, ok.

Has he stated what their actual salary is at the bottom and top of the grades ?

32 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Has he stated what their actual salary is at the bottom and top of the grades ?

I can't see it.

It seems odd that they would go on strike without pay for five weeks if they are already needing foodbanks.

How odd.

On 16/03/2023 at 16:38, Axe said:

By acknowledging they are not on generous wages at the moment is not the same as stating they are on poor wages at the moment.  I believe they are on adequate wages at the moment and are disgrace by going on strike.  The government has had to borrow billions to fund the covid pandemic and recently have had to find money to fund every household with payments to help with the cost of energy bills.  Anyone working in the public sector should be grateful they have a job and should be thanking taxpayers in the private sector for providing them with a living.

I do not pretend to have any answers to the shortage of nurses and doctors but I do know above inflation rate pay rises will not solve the problem. 

The proposed pay deal costs 1/30th of the money your pal Johnson threw away on test and trace.