Strike Action

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/apr/06/neu-manchester-demo-during-tory-conference

For anyone who is in any doubt about all these strikes being just one big protest by the leftie militant unions against the Conservatives, here is your evidence.

Like there was any doubt.

You mention    ALL THESE STRIKES    by the   LEFTIE MILITANT UNIONS    that little   s   on the end, makes all the difference when you are telling lies.

wrong again  -  It's ONE STRIKE          by            ONE ORDINARY UNION    the NEU   -   National Education Union      -    and that is evidence of WHAT?

That article refers to a big protest in regard of ONE STRIKE  by  ONE UNION

and,   it was you who put the word LEFTIE in, as you always do   and it was you who put the MILITANTS  in, as you always do.

Do you actually know the difference  between these 2 words  Union   and   Unions

Union means one union on it's own and unions means more than one union   in this case it's one union, the NEU

You match your mate and idol, Boris for your relationship with the truth.

11 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You mention    ALL THESE STRIKES    by the   LEFTIE MILITANT UNIONS    that little   s   on the end, makes all the difference when you are telling lies.

wrong again  -  It's ONE STRIKE          by            ONE ORDINARY UNION    the NEU   -   National Education Union      -    and that is evidence of WHAT?

That article refers to a big protest in regard of ONE STRIKE  by  ONE UNION

and,   it was you who put the word LEFTIE in, as you always do   and it was you who put the MILITANTS  in, as you always do.

Do you actually know the difference  between these 2 words  Union   and   Unions

Union means one union on it's own and unions means more than one union   in this case it's one union, the NEU

You match your mate and idol, Boris for your relationship with the truth.

That's quite the rant.

1, I've never once used the word militant in any post until now.

2, If you read my post again you will see that I used the word unions to describe the many strikes that have been happening and still are. I believe there is more than one union for nurses, teachers, rail workers and the Fire brigade...correct?

3, Boris has never been my idol. I am surprised you didn't use the word fanboy to be fair so kudos for that.

The strikes are nothing more than a mass protest against the government by unionS, not conditions of its workers, as they boldly claimed.

19 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

That's quite the rant.

1, I've never once used the word militant in any post until now.

2, If you read my post again you will see that I used the word unions to describe the many strikes that have been happening and still are. I believe there is more than one union for nurses, teachers, rail workers and the Fire brigade...correct?

3, Boris has never been my idol. I am surprised you didn't use the word fanboy to be fair so kudos for that.

The strikes are nothing more than a mass protest against the government by unionS, not conditions of its workers, as they boldly claimed.

You referred to the article in the Observer as EVIDENCE regarding  STRIKES  and UNIONS.

Completely wrong  -  The article mentions a protest in support of ONE STRIKE by ONE UNION.

If workers, unions or any other group of people want to protest against the government, they are perfectly within their rights to do so without having to boldly claim anything.

We live in a free country and not a Nazi or Communist state and so we are,  and  they are, allowed to do such things.

We know you righties would like to clamp down on peoples freedoms and believe in oppression but, it's not here yet so they can do as they please.

We know you and your fellow righties don't like it but you will just have to take a chill pill until it's all over.

Just think on - if people see how worked up you get, they might do it even more just to annoy you.

40 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You referred to the article in the Observer as EVIDENCE regarding  STRIKES  and UNIONS.

Completely wrong  -  The article mentions a protest in support of ONE STRIKE by ONE UNION.

If workers, unions or any other group of people want to protest against the government, they are perfectly within their rights to do so without having to boldly claim anything.

We live in a free country and not a Nazi or Communist state and so we are,  and  they are, allowed to do such things.

We know you righties would like to clamp down on peoples freedoms and believe in oppression but, it's not here yet so they can do as they please.

We know you and your fellow righties don't like it but you will just have to take a chill pill until it's all over.

Just think on - if people see how worked up you get, they might do it even more just to annoy you.

The case rests.

👍

On 06/04/2023 at 15:19, Al Bundy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/apr/06/neu-manchester-demo-during-tory-conference

For anyone who is in any doubt about all these strikes being just one big protest by the leftie militant unions against the Conservatives, here is your evidence.

Like there was any doubt.

That's not matched by reality though.

As Organgrinder has said, in workplaces there isn't just one trade union operating, there are sometimes two, three or more unions. Each will have a different stance, depending on the jobs that their members do and other factors.

It sounds like you've got a very fixed and almost stereotypical notion of what the left is, which is not borne out in reality.

I do notice that you quote an article in the Guardian as evidence to support your argument; which is rather odd, given that you've started a whole thread about how dreadful the Guardian is. But there you go.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Axe said:

The Nursers and the Junior Doctors who are striking are an utter disgrace.  Instead of striking they should be doing so many hours a month of community service on their days off.  

That’s very poor trolling even by your standards Westy.

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

So it turns out they are democratic organisations after all and don't just do what the leadership says.

33% of them rejected the offer, 39% didn't vote.

Edited by fools