Strike Action

27 minutes ago, Axe said:

Unlike the Cheeky Girls,  Axe does not do any trolling.  If I needed medical treatment then I would refuse to be treated by Junior Doctors or Nurses who have been on strike and treat myself with guidance from the Adam medical encyclopedia that adorns my bookcase. 

What’s the guidance for someone who’s full of bull bobbar?

1 minute ago, fools said:

again you miss the point, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the all so kind left, insulting away, playing the mods with their cancel culture games.

You are imaging insults again, I challenged your misinformation, if you stuck to posting factual important stuff, instead of tittle-tattle from left wing media and vested interests initiating fake surveys, we'd rarely cross paths.

I'm not missing any point or imagining anything. 

You accused another poster of insulting someone (when arguable, all he was doing was pointing out something), then called him a "hypocrite". Interesting that you think you're pointing out the hypocrisy of the "all so kind left"; all you're doing is highlighting the fact that you're no-one to criticise others (as you did on the Conservative Party thread yesterday, calling me dim etc).

Like I said, I can give as good as I can take; but don't paint yourself as the victim, and then accuse others of hypocrisy. Not a good look.

22 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

What's up with you volunteering if you feel so strongly?

All gob as usual.  Just sit on your backside and insult others.

You make yourself sound dafter with every statement you make.

Those discussing political matters are just wasting their time. For the third time I have put my name forward to be a local councillor, unpaid.

In some wards, not enough people have put their names forward, so no election is needed. Politics is just bitterness and negativity, who would be an unpaid councillor on here?

Just now, Mister M said:

I'm not missing any point or imagining anything. 

You accused another poster of insulting someone (when arguable, all he was doing was pointing out something), then called him a "hypocrite". Interesting that you think you're pointing out the hypocrisy of the "all so kind left"; all you're doing is highlighting the fact that you're no-one to criticise others (as you did on the Conservative Party thread yesterday, calling me dim etc).

Like I said, I can give as good as I can take; but don't paint yourself as the victim, and then accuse others of hypocrisy. Not a good look.

I pointed out his hypocrisy, it's all there encapsulated in one post for all to see.

I didn't call you dim, so stop playing the victim with more fake news.

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

Those discussing political matters are just wasting their time. For the third time I have put my name forward to be a local councillor, unpaid.

In some wards, not enough people have put their names forward, so no election is needed. Politics is just bitterness and negativity, who would be an unpaid councillor on here?

The sad thing is, lots of people do unpaid overtime - especially in the public services because they have that public service ethos in their souls. So often that spirit is taken advantage of. I know I used to do it, until I got kicked in the teeth by senior management. 

Now I refuse to go over and above. Especially when it's all thrown back in your face.

Those days are behind me.

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I have a great respect for those who represent others to improve their lives.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The sad thing is, lots of people do unpaid overtime - especially in the public services because they have that public service ethos in their souls. So often that spirit is taken advantage of. I know I used to do it, until I got kicked in the teeth by senior management. 

Now I refuse to go over and above. Especially when it's all thrown back in your face.

Those days are behind me.

It can be frustrating  and annoying when you are doing your best.

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I have a great respect for those who represent others to improve their lives.

It can be frustrating  and annoying when you are doing your best.

I agree. I think often local councillors get get a rough ride from the press, and even from some folk on here.

Absolutely is frustrating. Though often people only appreciate your efforts when you stop doing them

Edited by Mister M
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The sad thing is, lots of people do unpaid overtime - especially in the public services because they have that public service ethos in their souls. 

I do wonder if those that work in public services are a different type of person. Or does doing a job helping others make a person more likely to do that in your private life?

A salesman that had to persuade people to part with their money, could become money centered.