Strike Action

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I do wonder if those that work in public services are a different type of person. Or does doing a job helping others make a person more likely to do that in your private life?

A salesman that had to persuade people to part with their money, could become money centered.

Not sure of they're a different sort of person, but perhaps they feel they should put others first. I know that goes way beyond the public / private dichotomy, but perhaps that pressure is exerted more in the public sector? I honestly don't know the answer.

10 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I do wonder if those that work in public services are a different type of person. Or does doing a job helping others make a person more likely to do that in your private life?

A salesman that had to persuade people to part with their money, could become money centered.

I think the experiences one has in work can influence their outlook and insights.

Certain occupations let you see aspects of life that others don't.

14 hours ago, Axe said:

Unlike the Cheeky Girls,  Axe does not do any trolling.  If I needed medical treatment then I would refuse to be treated by Junior Doctors or Nurses who have been on strike and treat myself with guidance from the Adam medical encyclopedia that adorns my bookcase. 

No need for that, I've got a rusty saw and a screwdriver - just give me a call and I'll be there.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Delbow said:

No need for that, I've got a rusty saw and a screwdriver - just give me a call and I'll be there.

Nice of you to be so caring,  I'll volunteer to come and help..

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

The way the BMA is these days is the legacy of New Labour. Doctors had  it very nice thankyou under New Labour who increased their pay and allowed them to opt out of evenings and weekends. Oh they miss Blair so much.

Given the state of the NHS now, compared to when 'new Labour' were in power who let's not forget, left the NHS with the highest public satisfaction on record, the country* is missing Labour.

*When I say the country I mean ordinary people, not the sour old scrotums in the Daily Telegraph and the Tory Party :hihi:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fools said:

Strike votes are very different to political voting, as anyone stuck working alongside lefty troublemakers knows.

Indeed.

It's all about working conditions remember. Because they really care about your safety!!

🙄

Edited by Al Bundy

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Indeed.

It's all about working conditions remember. Because they really care about your safety!!

🙄

I just wish the Tories were as concerned for everyone's safety during the pandemic as they were about giving their mates lucrative contracts for PPE, and not playing to the right wing gallery.

If they were, there'd be far more of our citizens alive than there are now

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

I just wish the Tories were as concerned for everyone's safety during the pandemic as they were about giving their mates lucrative contracts for PPE, and not playing to the right wing gallery.

If they were, there'd be far more of our citizens alive than there are now

FFS.

What different would you have done?

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

FFS.

What different would you have done?

We've been through all this at the time of the pandemic. 

The published timeline of the decisions made, against the scientific advice given, means that the answer is obvious.

With regards to the crony contracts for PPE, the answer is obvious. 

Apparently the Treasury are prepared to write off £billions wasted. So what you may shrug. Though I bet if a few unemployed people claim a couple of quid extra on their dole, you'd be demanding that the DWP chase them for every penny back.

• Thanks 1