Strike Action

43 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Remember how there was 'no money' to settle the RMT dispute? Avanti West Coast management have let the truth slip, along with even more worrying truths about rail privatisation in general. Have a read

It’s also “strange “ how Khan found 30 million to pay off the threat of strikes in London.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It’s also “strange “ how Khan found 30 million to pay off the threat of strikes in London.

Must be the same place the NHS always manages to find money to pay off the doctors and nurses when they do their annual pay tantrum and walkout.

But hush hush that's not important. We don't talk about that. Avanti trains have done a poor taste joke in a presentation - it's an outrage don't you know...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Why would it hurt me?  Doesn't affect me. I'm not employed by Avanti. I'm not a member of the government.

I'm just making a point on this discussion forum.  A point about how so called "news" sources quoted on here are frequently nothing more than biased blog sites.

It also doesn't change my overall opinion that this issue over what is a clearly jokey title within an internal presentation to a private company's managers has been turned into a mountain out of a molehill. Nothing more than stirring up by the obvious and usual politicos, union mouthpieces and left wingers.

It would hurt because your instinct is to defend private business - we can deduce this by the fact that it's what you do every time, rather than being the dispassionate person just 'asking questions' that you like to pose as. It makes me laugh how you like to use the term 'mouthpiece' to describe people who have a different experience, and therefore different opinions to you, when you reliably dart in with a post to defend whichever business is under scrutiny that day. Also, Novara is not a 'blog', as you can read here.

https://novaramedia.com/pitching/

Edited by Delbow