Strike Action

24 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The strikes could force more money to be put into the NHS, which is what we want, or maybe a general election.

No it's what the unions and strikers want, unless of course you are also one of them. As for more money in the NHS that is not why they are striking they are striking for higher pay which means the NHS will cost more thats all and the NHS will not directly benefit. Now the GE bit is probably a bit more correct as the unions donated around 34% of Labour contributions in the first quarter of this year which was £1.6M out of a total of £4.7M. Now, ask yourself why that is!

Edited by Dromedary
did a slinny

19 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The strikes could force more money to be put into the NHS, which is what we want, or maybe a general election.

Alternatively, the NHS could spend money more wisely, and pay the staff more without it costing a penny more to the taxpayer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

I don't think you can have one, without referring to the other. They are very much linked.

Indeed they are. 
There are a lot of things taken for granted nowadays which we wouldn’t have without unions in the past - paid annual leave, sick pay, maternity pay to name a few.

I’ve heard it said that striking postal workers are like turkeys voting for Christmas. 
Perhaps the real turkeys are the ordinary working people who vote(d) TORY!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redruby said:

Indeed they are. 
There are a lot of things taken for granted nowadays which we wouldn’t have without unions in the past - paid annual leave, sick pay, maternity pay to name a few.

I’ve heard it said that striking postal workers are like turkeys voting for Christmas. 
Perhaps the real turkeys are the ordinary working people who vote(d) TORY!!!!

So why don't these ordinary working people vote labour if they will make everything right?

As I've mentioned earlier, they keep losing elections....why?

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

So why don't these ordinary working people vote labour if they will make everything right?

As I've mentioned earlier, they keep losing elections....why?

I’m neither a Labour or Tory supporter, just an observer and would say that the traditional working class voters aren’t there there anymore. However they have been replaced by well paid, well pensioned public sector workers and retirees and there just aren’t yet enough of them, but just give the, time.

13 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Can you edit that so it makes sense please?

you dont understand common sense!

13 hours ago, Mister M said:

How? BY sitting on them with his fat arse?

oh very droll! at least he got things done just like maggie did! crushed the miners and what a great job she did.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

you dont understand common sense!

oh very droll! at least he got things done just like maggie did! crushed the miners and what a great job she did.

The only thing Johnson got done was propel himself into the limelight, only to show himself up as a national laughing stock, just at the time this country needed sober and steady leadership.

Edited by Mister M
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Still incoherent.

Get well so 

10 hours ago, Dromedary said:

No, asking what I personally think about the governments 12 years in power has nothing at all to do with the strikes!;) 

You must be joking,  you want to get out more

• Haha 1