Strike Action

5 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Doesn't sound like bad starting pay that.

So a 19% increase would be about £5,400 at the lowest scale.

It is not "...starting pay...".

Towing the Government wage control line does not address the issues raised by the Pay Review Body.

RCN leader Pat Cullen said that 19% was a "starting point". Any new offer would be put to members.

The 19% reflects a reduction in wages due to 14 years of below inflation pay rises and paying off their loans.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

The average pay rise in the private sector is 6.9% according to the ONS.

it has no relevance whatsoever. The average of 37k or whatever is a decent wage, the people on the bottom scales are getting more than 6.9%

The government need to get a grip of inflation.

Edited by fools

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I didn't say pay a massive increase but wages are so low and conditions are so poor that they cannot attract or keep staff.

I that case, it is your view that is short sighted.

Don't you think £5,400 per year for the lowest paid and more for the higher paid a massive increase ?

I think the nurses union have ruined their case by stating 19% even as a starting point.

The union, media and Labour should be shouting from the rooftops the problems within the organisation but all we really hear about is wages.

It is a national disgrace how long ill people have to wait for an ambulance to attend. Why isn't this banner headlines in the media daily ?

Edited by harvey19

The Public Sector appears to be open house in respect of pay increases when things are going badly.

The Private Sector worker is better served when things are going well, if their employer wants to keep them he/she opens their wallet or risks them walking to someone who will.

Such is the difference.

10 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Don't you think £5,400 per year for the lowest paid and more for the higher paid a massive increase ?

I think the nurses union have ruined their case by stating 19% even as a starting point.

The union, media and Labour should be shouting from the rooftops the problems within the organisation but all we really hear about is wages.

It is a national disgrace how long ill people have to wait for an ambulance to attend. Why isn't this banner headlines in the media daily ?

£5400 is a massive increase. But as energy prices have more than doubled, food is up by 20% and mortgages are going through the roof, it might just be necessary.

The truth is that the Tories inherited a fully functioning health service in 2010. Since then, they’ve eroded pay and conditions for the medical staff. Conveniently, they’ve ignored the pay review body, when it suited them to do so. They’ve also failed to plan properly for future staffing needs. All mean, penny pinching stuff.

Some people have been making these points over and over. Unfortunately, a succession of Tory voters have been deaf to the problem. Now, that problem has become a full blown crisis.

Edited by sibon

41 minutes ago, sibon said:

£5400 is a massive increase. But as energy prices have more than doubled, food is up by 20% and mortgages are going through the roof, it might just be necessary.

The truth is that the Tories inherited a fully functioning health service in 2010. Since then, they’ve eroded pay and conditions for the medical staff. Conveniently, they’ve ignore the pay review body, when it suited them to do so. They’ve also failed to plan properly for future staffing needs. All mean, penny pinching stuff.

Some people have been making these points over and over. Unfortunately, a succession of Tory voters have been deaf to the problem. Now, that problem has become a full blown crisis.

Energy prices have increased for everyone, not just the Public Sector.

Edited by crookesey
Got my Publics mixed up with my Privates

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

The truth is that the Tories inherited a fully functioning health service in 2010. Since then, they’ve eroded pay and conditions for the medical staff. Conveniently, they’ve ignored the pay review body, when it suited them to do so. They’ve also failed to plan properly for future staffing needs. All mean, penny pinching stuff.

I think you need to put a notice on your computer to remind you that we are not interacting at your request.