Strike Action

9 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Lets have anarchy, let people strike, let people create chaos, let people then pay for the chaos they create as that is what will inevitably happen.

You want better then be prepared to pay for it!

Let's hope that when the ambulance staff go on strike, but provide emergency cover, people will notice the difference.

Or perhaps that is the answer to austerity MK2, get people to make their own way to A+E unless it's life threatening!

1 hour ago, dsweetman said:

When I was younger I did have an employee but from 2000 to 2017 I worked for an employer and as an employee I worked extremely hard!Why should the hardworking general public and pensioners have to suffer because of the greed of the unions!!!!!!

🤣

13 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Let's hope that when the ambulance staff go on strike, but provide emergency cover, people will notice the difference.

Or perhaps that is the answer to austerity MK2, get people to make their own way to A+E unless it's life threatening!

Trouble is they may have problems negotiating the black bags full of rubbish blocking their path that will be littering the streets though.

1 minute ago, Dromedary said:

Trouble is they may have problems negotiating the black bags full of rubbish blocking their path that will be littering the streets though.

I would happily take someone willing to wait twelve hours at A+E now, so if the staff strike it will be dire.

The NHS in Scotland have agreed a deal, so I cannot see why it's taking Sunak so long. They obviously have a better Government in Scotland.

59 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Someone will come along and tell you it was a democratic union vote  to strike . Funnily enough they don’t like a democratic vote when it goes the  other way 

Well, union membership has certain responsibilities really. If you are in one, you should go along with the majority vote. I’ve had to put up with this shower of a government for over a decade, based on just that principle.

Union membership isn’t compulsory, so if you don’t want to strike, don’t be in the union. 

Simple really.

Edited by sibon

11 minutes ago, sibon said:

Well, union membership has certain responsibilities really. If you are in one, you should go along with the majority vote. I’ve had to put up with this shower of a government for over a decade, based on just that principle.

Union membership isn’t compulsory, so if you don’t want to strike, don’t be in the union. 

Simple really.

It was if you worked at somewhere where it was a closed shop, are have they been done away with