Strike Action

22 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Obviously negotiations need to take place which INCLUDE changes in the NHS.

This is an ideal time for Labour to publish its plans and gain support.

I want to see improvements to the NHS by whichever party have the costed realistic comprehensive plan to do so.

If you spent less time trolling and more time paying attention, you would have noticed that Labour have published a ten year plan for the NHS. It took the Tories a decade to destroy it. It’s going to take just as long to fix it.

They’ve produce a handy summary for people with limited attention spans. 

Here it is:   

https://labour.org.uk/press/labour-to-deliver-10-year-plan-for-change-and-modernisation-of-the-nhs/

33 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

This is an ideal time for Labour to publish its plans and gain support.

I want to see improvements to the NHS by whichever party have the costed realistic comprehensive plan to do so.

Indeed negotiations need to take place and that's what we have been saying all along.

Strange how  you lot just wanted to take a tough line with the nurses instead of negotiating and now realise that's not the way.

Wonder how long it will be before stupid sunak realises the truth too.

NO, labour should NOT publish their plans for the benefit of the tories.

As an ex squaddie, would you  tell your troops that you don't know what to do until the enemy general tells you his plans.

That's what you and the Useless tories are saying.

Just get negotiating.

Edited by Organgrinder

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Indeed negotiations need to take place and that's what we have been saying all along.

Strange how  you lot just wanted to take a tough line with the nurses instead of negotiating and now realise that's not the way.

Wonder how long it will be before stupid sunak realises the truth too.

NO, labour should NOT publish their plans for the benefit of the tories.

As an ex squaddie, would you  tell your troops that you don't know what to do until the enemy general tells you his plans.

That's what you and the Useless tories are saying.

Just get negotiating.

You seem to be out of touch with what Labour are doing ref Sibons post 541

15 minutes ago, sibon said:

If you spent less time trolling and more time paying attention, you would have noticed that Labour have published a ten year plan for the NHS. It took the Tories a decade to destroy it. It’s going to take just as long to fix it.

They’ve produce a handy summary for people with limited attention spans. 

Here it is:   

https://labour.org.uk/press/labour-to-deliver-10-year-plan-for-change-and-modernisation-of-the-nhs/

You keep trying to engage with me by provocation and bribes but you know the terms if you want to resume interaction.

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

You keep trying to engage with me by provocation and bribes but you know the terms if you want to resume interaction.

Thank you for drawing further attention to my post.

I have no desire to interact with you. I’m happy to continue educating you and correcting your misunderstandings.

No need for interaction, I know that you hang on my every word.

Edited by sibon

12 minutes ago, sibon said:

Thank you for drawing further attention to my post.

I have no desire to interact with you. I’m happy to continue educating you and correcting your misunderstandings.

No need for interaction, I know that you hang on my every word.

By not interacting your posts contents can be ignored.

If you wish to use bribery you need to make your offers more enticing rather than just a bland "in my car" adjectives help. 

Edited by harvey19

52 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

The NHS is publicly owned, so the government can change whatever they want.

The railways are slightly different, in that new contracts would need to be agreed with the train operators and the staff.

21 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The NHS is publicly owned, so the government can change whatever they want.

The railways are slightly different, in that new contracts would need to be agreed with the train operators and the staff.

Changing the NHS is easier said than do.  There is too much wastage and too many managers and consultants being paid vast sums for doing very little.  It will take years for any government to make the reforms needed to make the NHS efficient . Just throwing more money into the NHS won't change anything. One thing the current government could do is outlaw strikes for NHS workers and other sectors such as the railways.

5 minutes ago, Axe said:

Changing the NHS is easier said than do.  There is too much wastage and too many managers and consultants being paid vast sums for doing very little.  It will take years for any government to make the reforms needed to make the NHS efficient . Just throwing more money into the NHS won't change anything. One thing the current government could do is outlaw strikes for NHS workers and other sectors such as the railways.

As Sibon says (post 541) Labour have a 10 year plan. It is going to take at least that to fix it, not sticking plasters.

These strikes are not all about money, they are also about dissatisfaction with the way the government have starved services into this state. The nurses et al are the ones paying the price and trying to cope with a broken NHS. They see what is hapenning and should be listened to.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Axe said:

That’s fine. If we are giving up all union action, maybe we should also kiss goodbye to pensions, sick pay, weekends and holidays.

We could stick a few kids up chimneys whilst we are at it.