Strike Action

I used be employed by the post office, worked at the main offices in Pond Street.

I didn't want to join the union and word got around and I faced animosity from fellow colleagues to the point some completely ignored me.

My parents eventually persuaded me to join as it was getting me down so I paid my dues. It's nothing more than a racquet.

I know for a fact that when strikes did happen, apart from the ultra left, the majority just wanted a few days off to either go fishing or sit in front of the t.v.

As a side note, I've never experienced a more set of whining, childish and bitchy workforce in all my working life.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I used be employed by the post office, worked at the main offices in Pond Street.

I didn't want to join the union and word got around and I faced animosity from fellow colleagues to the point some completely ignored me.

My parents eventually persuaded me to join as it was getting me down so I paid my dues. It's nothing more than a racquet.

I know for a fact that when strikes did happen, apart from the ultra left, the majority just wanted a few days off to either go fishing or sit in front of the t.v.

As a side note, I've never experienced a more set of whining, childish and bitchy workforce in all my working life.

Male bags, the lot of them!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

These people are not only striking for fair pay, they are also fighting for the survival of their services which have been cut to ribbons, to the extent that they no longer work anyway.

Yes strikes affect the public, but so do the dire state of the NHS etc without strikes.

Have you spent 12 hours in the back of ambulance? Or had a loved one die for lack of doctors?

You're bang on Anna 

All these right wing scrubbers who are whining about the strikes forget that one of the complaints the strikers have is their impossible working conditions; and that the ratio of staff to patients goes frequently beyond that which is safe or clinically necessary for proper patient care. Their cause is the patient cause.

Many of the staff have left the service because they are ill and burned out. The ones that are left are having to pick up the pieces. 

25 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

You should have got another job then 🙄

Edited by Mister M

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You're bang on Anna 

All these right wing scrubbers who are whining about the strikes forget that one of the complaints the strikers have is their impossible working conditions; and that the ratio of staff to patients goes frequently beyond that which is safe or clinically necessary for proper patient care. Their cause is the patient cause.

Many of the staff have left the service because they are ill and burned out. The ones that are left are having to pick up the pieces. 

You should have got another job then 🙄

Reight answer to bullying in the workplace 

Just now, hackey lad said:

Reight answer to bullying in the workplace 

Well hang on. The poster didn't mention his behaviour at work. All we have is what he posts on here. And from what he posts on here, I'd say he can give as good as he takes.

2 minutes ago, fools said:

What a wonderful turn of phrase from the left-wing mind

Fortunately, the scrubbers as you call them, don't believe any old crap

Why thank you.

Is that why they fell for the crap from Johnson, Cameron and Truss?

Edited by Mister M

24 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

There's no Post Office, where I live.

But everybody can instantly communicate in real time with anybody else in the world, by word, voice and video. And 2 days for an Amazon parcel, delivered to the nearest bus terminal, or Western Union office! And a cheerful horde of motoconchos happy to pick it up for you.

There's no demand here for some ancient bureaucratic authority (with a Royal Seal) to decide when you can send, or receive a communication.