Strike Action

9 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

There were still plenty who did want to carry on their jobs until retirement and there still are men today wanting to work in the new pit the government are wanting to open.

It's a private company that has applied to open one not the government. All the government has done is give them permission to do so and the few people that will actually be working down it mining the coal are not being subject to the same conditions as the good old days when Scargill was union leader. I somehow don't think it will be very viable either and it would not surprise me if it fails.

Edited by Dromedary
did a slinny

15 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

As usual, you have proved nothing  and  I'm sure you didn't speak to that many miners anyway.

There are many men from all kinds of trades who never wanted their sons to follow the same trade as them and I was one  of them.

There were still plenty who did want to carry on their jobs until retirement and there still are men today wanting to work in the new pit the government are wanting to open.

Don't know why you always want to pick a new argument but, if it makes you happy.

I notice you did not reply to my post 391 in Should Nurses Strike which I thought you would have found interesting.

Edited by harvey19

24 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Never been a fighter , met plenty off bully’s mostly hangers on to fighters , Just thought I may have come across you in town ,  no offence  was meant . All our yesterdays 

Nobody messed with our gang back in the day Slinny.

Remember many years ago being involved in an almighty scrap in Chapletown Pk.

What a feight that was, 2 against 100.

Believe it or not we won!!!

Mind you, they were the hardest 2 we ever fought.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I am not picking an argument, just stating a fact.

If I wanted to pick an argument I would raise the Saltley gates incident in 1972 which hardened the governments attitude towards the unions.

I have never claimed at all that the Unions have never done any wrong and I'm sure you will not claim that our governments have never done wrong either.

The unions are necessary against hard line governments and especially Tory hard line governments and as an ordinary working man, I know the state we would be in without them.

China, Russia & North Korea spring to mind and India is going down the same path too.

Edited by Organgrinder

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I have never claimed at all that the Unions have never done any wrong and I'm sure you will not claim that our governments have never done wrong either.

The unions are necessary against hard line governments and especially Tory hard line governments and as an ordinary working man, I know the state we would be in without them.

China, Russia & Korea spring to mind and India is going down the same path too.

I agree with you.

21 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I notice you did not reply to my post 391 in Should Nurses Strike which I thought you would have found interesting.

I never saw it and I have just been back as far as page 60 and still haven't.

I do have other things to do and don't spend all my waking hours on here.

Further to that, I don't think it's compulsory for me to answer every single post.

just discovered I am looking at the wrong thread.

Edited by Organgrinder

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I never saw it and I have just been back as far as page 60 and still haven't.

I do have other things to do and don't spend all my waking hours on here.

Further to that, I don't think it's compulsory for me to answer every single post.

Post 391.

I just thought it may be interesting to you . A different view on % wage increases.

Was not being critical.

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Post 391.

I just thought it may be interesting to you . A different view on % wage increases.

Was not being critical.

Yes, just been and looked at it and, although I have never heard of the guy, I fully agree with his conclusion.

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

Nobody messed with our gang back in the day Slinny.

Remember many years ago being involved in an almighty scrap in Chapletown Pk.

What a feight that was, 2 against 100.

Believe it or not we won!!!

Mind you, they were the hardest 2 we ever fought.

I believe you thousands would not

• Like 1