Strike Action

19 minutes ago, Slinny said:

if you live in my world it does ,But if you live imitation world them maybe not

Sorry about spelling and missing word , will try harder in the new your . By the way I think by pith they mean unin  example ,this government should unrine off ,Someone correct urine  if still wrong .     

Just now, Slinny said:

Sorry about spelling and missing word , will try harder in the new your . By the way I think by pith they mean unin  example ,this government should unrine off ,Someone correct urine  if still wrong .     

Year 

2 hours ago, Slinny said:

Mine were Red lion ,Adelphi  ,Norfolk arms nick name Dodgs  ,Royal Oak  bottom moor ,Hermatage,   Cannon when not dump ,  Brunswick , Norfolk Dixson lane . And many more. All great at that time

Was a bloke called Bill the landlord when you supped there Slinny?

On 07/12/2022 at 16:09, melthebell said:

Ive seen a list of other public bodies, departments that are either on strike or planning on going on strike, heres a handy list.

•ACAS

•British Museum

•Cabinet Office

Just noticed in the OP, the first organisation listed who either on strike or planning on going on strike are ACAS.

If they go on strike, who's going to be there to resolve the other strikes  :confused:

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Just noticed in the OP, the first organisation listed who either on strike or planning on going on strike are ACAS.

If they go on strike, who's going to be there to resolve the other strikes  :confused:

They are very busy!

https://www.civilserviceworld.com/professions/article/acas-staff-strike-over-workloads-and-downgrades

14 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

I doubt you supped down that way cuttsie, big Blade territory.

The Royal Oak  landlord  His name was Eric Whittington , He once chucked me out of the Royal Oak due to calling a spade a spade , but thats another story . His son Frank who now lives in Canada was a cycling friend of mine we were both members of the  Sheffield Phoenix  club that held meetings there .

Most of my friends and family are United ites ,  They were forced into being blades by fathers and brothers I chose to follow the Owls because they signed Jackie Sewell a boyhood hero of mine , The trip from Gleadless to Owlerton was an adventure  back then bus to Town then tram going on Neepsend Lane and Penistone Road past smoke belching factories sparks flying all ore .

The  kop was massive and i remember there was even a tree  that stood  on the top north stand corner  people used to climb it to get a better view , The ground held 72,000  then .

When night matches came in the journey home often meant walking to town as the trams could not move as Penistone Road was packed pavement to pavement with  leaving fans ,  so the walk became a run due to getting the last bus home from Pond Street ,  I went on my own age 11 . Imagine that these days .

All kids should  just be able to choose their own team in my opinion . As long as it is not Leeds .

Edited by cuttsie
After thoughts
  • Like 1