Strike Action

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

They could easily stop the emergency workers from striking.

I know how they can do it. Do you?

By giving into their demands is not the answer.

1 minute ago, fools said:

fortunately, you're not in charge

Very fortunate.

8 minutes ago, sibon said:

They could easily stop the emergency workers from striking.

I know how they can do it. Do you?

yes, lets pay everyone whatever they want regardless of the consequences of it from a fiscal standpoint. I await your support for mp's when they decide to disregard the independent pay award recommendations and demand a 19% rise instead. 

So if you know how they can do it, how would you pay for the increase in wages for everyone?

Edited by sheffbag

Nurses will end up getting between 8 and 10%. It’s time for the government to stop the posturing and cough up.

If you want a health service, it has to be paid for.

6 minutes ago, sibon said:

Nurses will end up getting between 8 and 10%. It’s time for the government to stop the posturing and cough up.

An offer similar to that between 7.5% and 11.24% made by the Scottish government has been rejected by the nurses in Scotland.

2 hours ago, sibon said:

Trouble is, how much is squandered?

NHS workers handed teabags as ‘thank you’ treat

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/nhs-workers-handed-teabags-as-thank-you-treat/

UK hospitals lose millions after AI startup valuation collapses

https://www.theregister.com/2022/08/17/nhs_hospitals_ai_losses/

NHS trust loses £360k after attempt to host fundraising music festival

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nhs-trust-loss-festival-b1884818.html

And we're already paying several times over for PFI:

NHS hospital trusts paying hundreds of millions in interest to private firms

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/25/nhs-hospital-trusts-paying-hundreds-of-millions-in-interest-to-private-firms

3 hours ago, sibon said:

I agree. The NI rates should be upped with an extra levy in order to increase pay.

On 17/01/2023 at 12:29, harvey19 said:

I think the strikers leaders overestimated their power and have lost the support of the public.

In the nurses case I think the necessary overall of the NHS  was already known and the 19% pay claim ruined their case.

Do you really think that is the sum they are after , As I have put before , if you put t something for sale on EBay say £100 that is just a starting price , most people don’t expect to get that.  Wise Up .  

38 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Do you really think that is the sum they are after , As I have put before , if you put t something for sale on EBay say £100 that is just a starting price , most people don’t expect to get that.  Wise Up .  

If you put something on Ebay with a starting price of £100 you want bids of over that amount !

39 minutes ago, Slinny said:

That’s to make them look bad by the government , Same as they shout at labour about picket line  But I do think someone from labour should go on it , The union back labour ,so labour should back them ,

5 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

If you put something on Ebay with a starting price of £100 you want bids of over that amount !

Dream on , l always bid ,and nine times out off ten you get it for less than they put on price  they start out at  try it ,

• Like 1