Strike Action

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

It’s an African-American term for an idiot like the one below.

That’s a bit off useless knowledge in a pensioners world , But thank you anyway , I have had enough off this forum ,    You lot will change nothing , 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

Do you think there would be as many strikes if the union bosses had their pay stopped while their members were on strike?

Does it matter?

A NHS boss on TV today has said that, even if the unions did not exist, and there were no strikes, The NHS has  30,000 vacancies.

It cannot continue to operate at this level so,  how do you recruit staff, and how do you get them to stay.

Any Tory lovers care to answer both of those questions?

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Does it matter?

A NHS boss on TV today has said that, even if the unions did not exist, and there were no strikes, The NHS has  30,000 vacancies.

It cannot continue to operate at this level so,  how do you recruit staff, and how do you get them to stay.

Any Tory lovers care to answer both of those questions?

I am not a Tory lover but can give you the answer.

We train more doctors and nurses and review the NHS and care system.

Should have been implemented as a result of forward planning.

Conclusion - a failure of future planning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I agree with you on that but, there are all kinds of other staff (not medically qualified) too, as there are in the care sector and these can neither be recruited or retained.

Unless they look at their pay and working conditions including unsocial hours, covering for staff shortages etc, nothing will ever change.

There is also the fact that those at the bottom, get lorded over by those higher up, similar to the armed forces  AND WESTMINSTER, instead of being treated  with respect. 

It's going to take a change of direction and stop blaming the unions.

The unions don't tell the workers to strike, they ask them if they want to, and if they didn't, they wouldn't.

24 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I agree with you on that but, there are all kinds of other staff (not medically qualified) too, as there are in the care sector and these can neither be recruited or retained.

Unless they look at their pay and working conditions including unsocial hours, covering for staff shortages etc, nothing will ever change.

There is also the fact that those at the bottom, get lorded over by those higher up, similar to the armed forces  AND WESTMINSTER, instead of being treated  with respect. 

The unions don't tell the workers to strike, they ask them if they want to, and if they didn't, they wouldn't.

The problem the unions cause is emphasising the 19% pay award they want.

I believe changes to the conditions are as important to staff if not more at times but the rhetoric often makes people believe pay is the only driving factor and the conditions are a reason to justify their actions.

Locums and agency use are very expensive, good for those workers but not for the NHS or other NHS workers.

Ref, being lorded over you will recall the song we used to sing, "The working class can kiss my a... I've got the corporals job at last "

Just as an afterthought maybe working as a carer could be a part of the qualification for nurse training for suitable applicants thereby introducing a career structure.

Edited by harvey19

12 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I agree we should do those things but it is not as easy as that.

We have overcomplicated the system when it comes to nursing and since 2013 now require nurses to go to University to get a Nursing degree. That severely limits people from thinking about being a Nurse. Before then it was much easier to train to be a nurse.

Of those 30,000 vacancies we now have that the NHS boss talked about just over half of them (163,000) have been due to nurses leaving since the Covid-19 panic. That has also been mirrored in Europe as well so its not just unique to the UK. The loss of staff in this instance is not just a result of poor pay so there is something else going on here.

Many doctors have left simply because a great deal of them were getting near retirement and because of tax purposes they are taking early retirement. So we need now to train more and also pay them more to retain them in the future. 

30 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

No you are right but the Unions are the ones who draw up the ideas that encourage the workers to strike.

30 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

I agree we should do those things but it is not as easy as that.

We have overcomplicated the system when it comes to nursing and since 2013 now require nurses to go to University to get a Nursing degree. That severely limits people from thinking about being a Nurse. Before then it was much easier to train to be a nurse.

Of those 30,000 vacancies we now have that the NHS boss talked about just over half of them (163,000) have been due to nurses leaving since the Covid-19 panic. That has also been mirrored in Europe as well so its not just unique to the UK. The loss of staff in this instance is not just a result of poor pay so there is something else going on here.

Many doctors have left simply because a great deal of them were getting near retirement and because of tax purposes they are taking early retirement. So we need now to train more and also pay them more to retain them in the future. 

No you are right but the Unions are the ones who draw up the ideas that encourage the workers to strike.

No you’re wrong, it’s this rancid Tory government who drew up the ideas and implemented them that encouraged the workers to strike.