Uk's First Deep Coal Mine In 30 Years Given Green Light By Michael Gove

6 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Time to start a new Post DADDY.

Too many agreeing with you on this one 🤣 🤣 🤣

I must admit it's making me a tad nervous. 

It's like when the kids agree with me, there's always a price to pay 😪

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

Yes it is the right thing to do!Why import coal from abroad when  we have the stocks close at hand and provides jobs for the area and is the correct quality to make good english steel instead of the cheap rubbish that we currently import!Let us re-open our collieries and sod the protesters!

All but one of the UK steel plants have said they aren't going to use the coal from this mine as it contains too much sulphur. The vast majority of the coal produced will be exported. Any claims that the purpose of this mine is to provide for the UK steel industry is nonsense.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mister M said:

Maggie Thatcher futuristic lol

Well she was a robot..........

Margaret Thatcher used 'electric' baths that cost £600 each in a bid to try and stay looking young

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3166961/Margaret-Thatcher-used-electric-baths-stay-looking-youthful-new-memoir-claims.html

The coke ovens need starting up again , Coke was a brilliant fuel , no smoke  cheap fuel and red hot .

Every watch man had a brazier glowing all night , There was usually a large pile of coke to the side , we used to help our selves , The roast taters were a treat . And the bacon fried on  a shovel .

• Haha 1

Two points, the location of the proposed mine is interesting. There are coal deposits in Kent and other southern counties of England. Why not mine in those areas?

I can't help feeling that some of this type of thinking may have influenced the decision https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/former-energy-minister-lord-howell-george-osborne-s-fatherinlaw-says-it-s-fine-to-frack-in-empty-desolate-northeast-8738634.html

Secondly, since coal mining was basically done away with in this country where do we get the miners from? I believe the Poles have lots of experience in the trade, perhaps we could invite some of them to resolve the problem?

Oh, hang on a minute.............

3 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Two points, the location of the proposed mine is interesting. There are coal deposits in Kent and other southern counties of England. Why not mine in those areas?

I can't help feeling that some of this type of thinking may have influenced the decision https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/former-energy-minister-lord-howell-george-osborne-s-fatherinlaw-says-it-s-fine-to-frack-in-empty-desolate-northeast-8738634.html

Secondly, since coal mining was basically done away with in this country where do we get the miners from? I believe the Poles have lots of experience in the trade, perhaps we could invite some of them to resolve the problem?

Oh, hang on a minute.............

Years ago when the mine was first proposed, the local Labour controlled council was unanimous in supporting it.

As for miners, not all UK mines are closed. 

Edited by alchresearch
  • Like 1

Probably not a good idea to be digging up coal as its bad for the environment 

Im prepared to pay £10,000 per year in heating bills.  Now is not the time to be giving up the fight

If they keep putting bills up I'll just sell one of my homes, I probably don't need 15 houses to live in

Edited by rogets