Freedom Of Speech To Be Banned Near Abortion Clinics

1 minute ago, Hecate said:

I've read their words about their own experiences.   Have you?  Is there a requirement for a minimum number of women feeling harassed before you count it as harassment? 

The irony of you referring to 'using emotion to make your point' is noted, given the nature of the emotive tactics I've described and quoted above that are used by anti-abortion groups in an attempt to not just protest against abortion, but to try to convince the women they encounter at those clinics not to go through with their abortions.

My bold

Anti abortion groups are free to use whatever argument they like. People are free to ignore them.

Underlined 

That's kind of the idea of them being there. I don't agree they should try to interact with people coming and going into the clinics and if they do then that can be seen as harassment and they should be arrested. 

However the ones standing peacefully doing nothing but holding up a sign should be allowed to stay.

Guest makapaka
19 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

You've asked them have you?

All of them?

The majority of them?

Some of them?

1 of them?

You're just using emotion to try and make your point. 

Come on.

imagine having to make a decision to go for an abortion - all the emotions and upset involved - and then having to walk past someone demonstrating against you doing it.

so all those issues and decisions the person has had to deal with to get to that point - the final act of going to the clinic is to walk past someone telling you not to do it. Maybe it’s peaceful - maybe the placard just says “don’t do it” - maybe it says “abortion is murder”

they could be anywhere making their point - but they’re outside the place where you’re having to go to have an abortion.

There’s no need for it - it’s wrong.

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I haven't been asked one 

I counted five questions.

Dodge them If you wish. But they are all there for people to see.

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

Come on.

imagine having to make a decision to go for an abortion - all the emotions and upset involved - and then having to walk past someone demonstrating against you doing it.

so all those issues and decisions the person has had to deal with to get to that point - the final act of going to the clinic is to walk past someone telling you not to do it. Maybe it’s peaceful - maybe the placard just says “don’t do it” - maybe it says “abortion is murder”

they could be anywhere making their point - but they’re outside the place where you’re having to go to have an abortion.

There’s no need for it - it’s wrong.

But the point of them doing it where they do is because that's where It has the most impact otherwise they'd already be protesting in random places. 

I take your point about the possible wording of some signs but generally the Abortion is Murder types are usually the shouty aggressive ones.

I've said multiple times people like that should be arrested.

The peaceful ones should be allowed to stay. 

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

I counted five questions.

Dodge them If you wish. But they are all there for people to see.

I'm not sure who rattled your cage tonight but I'm really not in the mood.

If you want me to answer a question just ask.

34 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Standing peacefully holding a banner is not harassment.

Blocking peoples paths and calling them murderers?

https://www.lag.org.uk/article/203641/the-limits-of-protest-and-free-speech

"To give force to its campaign, Sister Supporter has produced a dossier of evidence1 including photographs and statements from patients and staff from the clinic, as well as local residents. In extracts of a log kept by the Marie Stopes clinic, patients accused anti-abortion activists of blocking their path to the clinic and making emotionally-charged statements to women entering the clinic such as ‘don’t do it’. In an incident recorded in the log in April, a patient was described as ‘tearful’ after being called ‘a murderer’ by one of the activists. Ealing Council is also collecting evidence of alleged harassment by the anti-abortion protesters.!

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

But the point of them doing it where they do is because that's where It has the most impact otherwise they'd already be protesting in random places. 

Only on the impact on the individual - not the issue.

that’s why it differs. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm not sure who rattled your cage tonight but I'm really not in the mood.

If you want me to answer a question just ask.

There is no need to be arsey with me. 

I asked you to answer a question that you are obviously avoiding. You said that you hadn’t been asked a question.  I pointed out that you’ve been asked five questions. So then you get all defensive.

You have this all wrong. Not so long ago, you were up in arms about just stop oil making it hard to drive. Now here you are defending a load of religious bigots abusing vulnerable women.