Freedom Of Speech To Be Banned Near Abortion Clinics

2 minutes ago, Magilla said:

So... for whatever reason, a group are stood outside your gate.

Every time your wife walks by they scream "shame on you", god knows what they'll be screaming at your kids.

What do you do?

Ring the police.

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It's all linked, don't you see ?

The biggest problem with the world these days is this obsession with nobody ever getting upset.

Most of what I hate about the world these days all comes back to that, everything from them suppressing me (and everyone else obviously) to try and suppress Covid, to me being banned from filming my lad in a gala or at a school play, to all this woke nonsense, to being banned from having a laugh at work in case someone gets offended, etc etc, the list is endless

It has a A LOT to answer for......

Most of what I hate about the world is famine, poverty, wars,  other stuff like that.

It must be awful to be you, living such an obviously miserable life.

• Like 3

Just now, Magilla said:

He can't, he's just spent tens of posts telling us they have every right to be there.

I haven't read all the posts since last night so i haven't seem em. Is he saying they have a right to shout and abuse or just stand there peacefully?

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I haven't read all the posts since last night so i haven't seem em. Is he saying they have a right to shout and abuse or just stand there peacefully?

OK, fair doo's.

They don't say a word... but they have banners showing what his dead face would look like, mutilated, and covered in blood...

...or, there's enough of them so he, his wife, and kids... have to walk through a lane they begrudgingly make in the crowd for them to pass each time... in total silence.

Even just having to walk by them at all, with no banners or anything... every day... day in, day out.

Edited by Magilla

1 minute ago, Magilla said:

OK, fair doo's.

They don't say a word... but they have banners showing what his dead face would look like, mutilated, and covered in blood...

...or, there's enough of them so he, his wife, and kids... have to walk through a lane they begrudgingly make in the crowd for them to pass each time... in total silence.

I wouldn't class those types as peaceful protesters.  Sure they may be silent but showing pictures as you describe is purely for intimidation.

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I wouldn't class those types as peaceful protesters.  Sure they may be silent but showing pictures as you describe is purely for intimidation.

I'll wager the pictures aren't too far from the reality, an certainly the jeering and shouting.

It's pretty clear that in this case the protester aren't stood there with no banners, saying nothing... and diligently getting out of the way.

Regardless, even if it is intimidating, according to Chekhov there's still no problem here...

Edited by Magilla

8 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Most of what I hate about the world is famine, poverty, wars,  other stuff like that.

It must be awful to be you, living such an obviously miserable life.

Fortunately for me, and the vast majority of people on here, "famine, poverty, wars,  other stuff like that" don't really affect them, not directly anyway. You seem to implying that because of that none of us have any right to criticise anything about the way the world is going here, including having their lives suppressed (to a greater or lesser extent) for over two years. Well **** that.

Rather than virtue signalling on here go and do something about it then. Downsize your house, don't go on holiday, don't run a car, etc etc, then donate it all to third world poverty.

Whilst you are busy virtue signalling how much you care about everyone else, don't mention you up voted a post saying "I hope you get Covid"

1 minute ago, Magilla said:

Well I highly doubt the protester in this case are stood there with no banners, saying nothing... and diligently getting out of the way.

What do you think?

I honestly don't know. 

I'd like to think that as long as the message (banner) is accurate and not abusive and there is absolutely no interference when it comes to people gaining access to the clinics then I'd see that as peaceful therefore lawful.

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Fortunately for me, and the vast majority of people on here, "famine, poverty, wars,  other stuff like that" don't really affect them, not directly anyway. You seem to implying that because of that none of us have any right to criticise anything about the way the world is going here, including having their lives suppressed (to a greater or lesser extent) for over two years. Well **** that.

Rather than virtue signalling on here go and do something about it then. Downsize your house, don't go on holiday, don't run a car, etc etc, then donate it all to third world poverty.

Whilst you are busy virtue signalling how much you care about everyone else, don't mention you up voted a post saying "I hope you get Covid"

Mememememememememememe!

29 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It's all linked, don't you see ?

The biggest problem with the world these days is this obsession with nobody ever getting upset.

Most of what I hate about the world these days all comes back to that, everything from them suppressing me (and everyone else obviously) to try and suppress Covid, to me being banned from filming my lad in a gala or at a school play, to all this woke nonsense, to being banned from having a laugh at work in case someone gets offended, etc etc, the list is endless

It has a A LOT to answer for......

beaker-mi-mi-mi.gif

• Haha 1