Freedom Of Speech To Be Banned Near Abortion Clinics

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

It isn't an odd pairing at all, it's totally relevant. 

Why are are so bothered about the rights of women undergoing abortions, and even just their "feelings", yet they are so little bothered about the rights of the unborn child ?

You are revealing you really aren't the "touchy feely I care about people soooo much" sort of person you make out you are....

Shame on you.

And what about the Daddy? Hardly a mention.

Didn't the woman enter into a consensual contract by having unprotected sex with him?

(A fairly well known method of creating a child, I'm told.)  :)

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

You are revealing you really aren't the "touchy feely I care about people soooo much" sort of person you make out you are....

Shame on you.

There are a few people in this thread revealing - or rather, confirming - exactly what sort of person they are, but Annie Bynnol isn't one of them :| .

23 minutes ago, Hecate said:

There are a few people in this thread revealing - or rather, confirming - exactly what sort of person they are,

I agree with you entirely.

Some people are apparently very bothered about the feelings of a woman going for an abortion, but do not give a toss for the child being "terminated".

What surprises me is they cannot see the inconsistency of their position.

Still, there are one so blind as those who will not see. 

23 minutes ago, Hecate said:

There are a few people in this thread revealing - or rather, confirming - exactly what sort of person they are, but Annie Bynnol isn't one of them :| .

Miss Bynnol is on record as saying a woman who killed off her child at 38 weeks (I believe it really was that late, that was, by any definition, a child) only deserved sympathy, not condemnation and certainly not punishment. Thus proving just how blinkered and extreme her position is on this subject.

Unbelievable.

Edited by Chekhov

Intimidation !

What a load of cobblers.

Threatening behaviour, as in genuinely threatening behaviour, is already a crime.

Stuff you are calling "intimidation" would have been thought of as something and nothing before this world turned into its present pathetic cotton wool society.

Personally, were I on the end of your so called "intimidation", I'd be embarrassed to call it that. 

It isn't an odd pairing at all, it's totally relevant. 

Why are are so bothered about the rights of women undergoing abortions, and even just their "feelings", yet they are so little bothered about the rights of the unborn child ?

Shame on you.

Harassment and intimidation of people going about their lawful business is an offence- but is difficult to enforce in some cases, hence the need to introduce changes in legislation so that illegal actions which harass and intimidate can be  stopped. 

You should be aware 86% want to change English law to make abortion available on demand in most cases, which it is not at the.

Your awareness and interpretation of English Law is clouded by your emotional beliefs, as are your silly comments at the end.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

And some are doubling down on that impression...

28 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Miss Bynnol is on record as saying a woman who killed off her child at 38 weeks (I believe it really was that late, that was, by any definition, a child) only deserved sympathy, not condemnation and certainly not punishment. Thus proving just how blinkered and extreme her position is on this subject.

In that thread she pointed out the objective flaws in your emotive argument from a legal perspective and quoted one of the appeal court judge's views on compassion and punishment.

Edited by Guest

46 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Unbelievable.

Extra proof that you let emotions get to you. 

I did not say anything of the sort.

I pointed out that the original verdict required a custodial response, one which the original Judge did not support.

I pointed out that there was a broad reaction against the use of the unmodified law.  

I also pointed out that Dame Victoria Sharp, sitting with Lord Justice Holroyde and Mrs Justice Lambert, said: “This is a very sad case … It is a case that calls for compassion, not punishment.” When they reduced the sentence to a suspended one.

Edited by Annie Bynnol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

And what about the Daddy? Hardly a mention.

Didn't the woman enter into a consensual contract by having unprotected sex with him?

(A fairly well known method of creating a child, I'm told.)  :)

And of course ALL sex is consenual and pre-planned isnt it?  

23 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

If we open the floodgates and implement buffer zones for one thing, there is nothing to stop them implementing it for other things.

So, that would be a "no" then... who knew! :?

19 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Cobblers. It is typical authoritarian Leftie stuff.

Yawn... imagine my surprise that you are only concerned with how anything effects you...

...while simultaneously failing to grasp the issues at hand and dismissing the experience and rights of others! :hihi:

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Threatening behaviour, as in genuinely threatening behaviour, is already a crime.

You don't have to be threatened, to be intimidated. 🙄

Trying to publicly shame or guilt trip is equally intimidating, especially under the very private and emotional circumstances highlighted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1