Freedom Of Speech To Be Banned Near Abortion Clinics

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this sibon. I get the point you're making but I see it a different way.

How can you possibly read that and 'yes, but...' it?

... The protesters will be intimidating, simply by their presence. The women trying to use perfectly legal health facilities will include many at the lowest points of their lives. Rape victims, twelve year old kids, women finding it difficult to cope with their lives. ...

:shakes:

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Very easily.

Now, that comment. 

For a 3rd time.

Was it directed at me?

What are you talking about?  What comment?

8 minutes ago, Hecate said:

This exactly.

There shouldn't be any sort of pressure at all then really,  so what's is the proper way to make their objections known in your opinion taking into account women's vulnerability?

19 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's shameful behaviour and not even close to peaceful protesting.

The whole reason they protest outside these abortion clinics is to harrass and intimidate its NOTHING to do with peaceful protest, same in the US with attacks on abortion clinics with bombs etc

42 minutes ago, Hecate said:

That absolute state of it.  You really are a nasty piece of work.

As for those 'church going pacifists': see that text on the placards they're holding? 40 Days for Life, an American, religious extremist group:

From here.

My bold

2 minutes ago, Hecate said:

What are you talking about?  What comment?

It followed one of my posts.

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this sibon. I get the point you're making but I see it a different way.

You are seeing it the wrong way.

Those protesters who place themselves outside abortion clinics are abusers. It’s that simple. They are abusing women who in many cases will be there because they are victims of  abuse. So the protesters compound the abuse.

People have an absolute right to access health care facilities without facing abuse. We shouldn’t be facilitating that sort of behaviour.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

The whole reason they protest outside these abortion clinics is to harrass and intimidate its NOTHING to do with peaceful protest, same in the US with attacks on abortion clinics with bombs etc

That's definitely out of order

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

It's nothing like the US over here.

If it was then I'd have a very different opinion. Some of the stuff they do is nothing short of domestic terrorism 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

It's nothing like the US over here.

If it was then I'd have a very different opinion. Some of the stuff they do is nothing short of domestic terrorism 

If you saw some of the anti-abortion materials that religious groups distribute to schools, you might think again.