Frozen But Fresh Turkeys ?

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

all i am saying i do not think frozen turkeys should be sold as fresh,no matter what sunak and his goverment say and if other think its okay thats fine until someone re-freezes  what they think is a fresh turkey  and then ends up dead,

I'd say calling such a turkey fresh is clearly misleading, especially when they could be accurately labelled as 'defrosted' instead. But then, the food industry is well known for using misleading terms on their products.

39 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I'd say calling such a turkey fresh is clearly misleading, especially when they could be accurately labelled as 'defrosted' instead. But then, the food industry is well known for using misleading terms on their products.

Do we have any actual real world examples of what it actually says on the packaging for these special defrosted turkeys?

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Do we have any actual real world examples of what it actually says on the packaging for these special defrosted turkeys?

Just checked www.theblokeonlowedgesforumsays.co.uk - nothing

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

No- I don't think they are in the shops yet. I would hope they would be labelled 'Defrosted' in large unmissable text.

Edited by onewheeldave

28 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No- I don't think they are in the shops yet. I would hope they would be labelled 'Defrosted' in large unmissable text.

On occasion in the past I used to purchase meat from Crawshaws when they had a branch in town. They often used to sell frozen items as fresh and this was made very clear on the labelling.

If people dont read labels then they deserve to get food poisoning.

Edited by HeHasRisen
Typo!

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

On occasion in the past I used to purchase meat from Crawshaws when they had a branch in town. They often used to sell fresh items as frozen and this was made very clear on the labelling.

If people dont read labels then they deserve to get food poisoning.

Does that include people who can't read?

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

Does that include people who can't read?

Well obviously there are the usual exceptions, but you know what I mean. 

Have just noticed the rather glaring typo in that post though, now corrected.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well obviously there are the usual exceptions, but you know what I mean. 

Have just noticed the rather glaring typo in that post though, now corrected.

And are you OK with 'Defrosted' being in 'large unmissable text', or do you think people who don't read small text also 'deserve to die of food poisoning'?