8 Months, Suspended For 12.

8 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

And then there's the poor geezer on the latest series of 24 Hours in Police Custody - sentenced to 22 months for putting 2 thieving scum in hospital.

They had records longer than your arm... but nothing for them because of their injuries, despite being found in a stolen car weeks after the incident!!!

The system is broken!

Years ago, when Police Interceptors (the TV show) were in Sheffield, a car was stopped. 4 individuals on board. Found with enough drugs on each of them for Intent to supply and more found in the boot of the car. 

At the end of the episode the narrator usually told you what happened after the show. 

"The car with the 4 males carrying large quantities of drugs were released without charge as the CPS said there was a lack of evidence"

How is being caught, red-handed by multiple cops & a TV crew not enough evidence?

53 minutes ago, Resident said:

Years ago, when Police Interceptors (the TV show) were in Sheffield, a car was stopped. 4 individuals on board. Found with enough drugs on each of them for Intent to supply and more found in the boot of the car. 

At the end of the episode the narrator usually told you what happened after the show. 

"The car with the 4 males carrying large quantities of drugs were released without charge as the CPS said there was a lack of evidence"

How is being caught, red-handed by multiple cops & a TV crew not enough evidence?

No idea, but the CPS was/is staffed by some weirdos.

She made the same stupid mistake that I have made on several occasions whilst visiting a country that drives on the right. luckily I didn’t hit or kill anyone. This is a tragedy, my heart goes out to Harry’s family, however a stupid mistake is not murder, she is on a hiding to nothing whatever she says or does and has to live with this, the forum lynch mob would be well advised to put their rope back in it’s drawer.

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Crime and the administration of justice is a major and very costly industrial institution.

Get rid of perps and you'll have a lot of judges, lawyers, and a big chunk of the social services business, looking for work!

Clearly, you’re not acquainted much with the current state of the British criminal justice system. Or that of social services, either.

12 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

And then there's the poor geezer on the latest series of 24 Hours in Police Custody - sentenced to 22 months for putting 2 thieving scum in hospital.

They had records longer than your arm... but nothing for them because of their injuries, despite being found in a stolen car weeks after the incident!!!

The system is broken!

Electrician lad, in a Merc?

I have some sympathy for him, the sentencing was very disproportionate to the offence (IMHO), and likely far more life changing for him, than for the 2 serial criminal kids whom he put in the hospital…

…but what on earth possessed him to set off after them in the first place (as I recall, they legged it with nothing when he disturbed them), and to drive so recklessly as to collide with them? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, L00b said:

Clearly, you’re not acquainted much with the current state of the British criminal justice system. Or that of social services, either.

I would imagine these people are :(

What's causing the 'chaos' in the UK criminal justice system?

https://www.theweek.co.uk › News › UK News

Dec 1, 2022 — The government and legal profession are at loggerheads over what or who is to blame for a “crisis” in the UK criminal justice system.

Criminal justice system is 'on its knees', says top English lawyer

https://www.theguardian.com › law › nov › criminal-ju...

Nov 19, 2020 — Criminal justice system is 'on its knees', says top English lawyer ... Crown court cases are being delayed until 2023, the innocent penalised more ...

I've seen how the justice system is crumbling. Why doesn't the ...

https://www.theguardian.com › commentisfree › apr

Apr 6, 2021 — The real issue here is that the cuts imposed via austerity caused structural and irreversible change. No single aspect of the process (from ...

"Crisis", "Chaos", "Broken", "On it's knees", "Crumbling" take your pick!

Similar reports on social services and the NHS.

Is there ANYTHING that actually works in your welfare paradise?  :)

Edited by trastrick