Is This Phrase Now Illegal ?

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Could we not also complain about the story “ Snow White and The Seven Dwarves ? 

Certainly not.

2 years for 'wolf whistling' 

Life! wouldn't be enough for such obvious Racist and derogatory language.

Keep safe out there 

before this becomes compulsory 🤐

1 hour ago, Padders said:

And it's now illegal to Wolf Whistle.   A 2 year jail sentence can be imposed.

illegal to Wolf Whistle ? Are you sure ? Reminds me of the time these builders on a roof Wolf   Whistled me as I walked through town. I stuck my nose in the air and walked straight into a lamp post !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oh Patricia, I share your pain. I mean offence to no-one but I'm always putting my foot in it...

Language has become another battle ground, (like we needed another,) but it is important.

I just wish it wouldn't keep changing all the time while people make up their minds what is acceptable. It's hard to keep up....

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Oh Patricia, I share your pain. I mean offence to no-one but I'm always putting my foot in it...

Language has become another battle ground, (like we needed another,) but it is important.

I just wish it wouldn't keep changing all the time while people make up their minds what is acceptable. It's hard to keep up....

I understand. I’ve come to the conclusion now that it depends in what context you use the phrase.

I had to describe someone to the police. I tried to be very careful but I had to use terms that could (would!) have been offensive to someone somewhere. The police lady said that they need an accurate description and to  use what ever terms fitted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meltman said:

I had to describe someone to the police. I tried to be very careful but I had to use terms that could (would!) have been offensive to someone somewhere. The police lady said that they need an accurate description and to  use what ever terms fitted. 

Yes, it’s an awkward situation isn’t it ?

• Like 1