Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Oxford utd

bassett one

19 hours ago, cuttsie said:

We need promotion this year but not at the lack of entertainment after all thats what its supposed to be at the end of the day.

Sadly, entertainment is not the driving factor now for most clubs.

Its a business. Its about making (or trying to make) a profit.

And I guess the entertainment factor suffers because of that at times.

• Like 1

It’s difficult to argue about the lack of entertainment over recent games….but ultimately it’s about winning games or if you can’t win ..don’t lose them & fortunately Wednesday don’t lose many these days…

The lack of goals over the last few games is a concern & every team has a bad run at some stage of a season…..I think Byers has been a big miss & his return will make a difference…& let’s see if our beloved owner will back the manager in January….

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

It’s difficult to argue about the lack of entertainment over recent games….but ultimately it’s about winning games or if you can’t win ..don’t lose them & fortunately Wednesday don’t lose many these days…

The lack of goals over the last few games is a concern & every team has a bad run at some stage of a season…..I think Byers has been a big miss & his return will make a difference…& let’s see if our beloved owner will back the manager in January….

I thought we were dreadful yesterday. Oxford didn’t do much more than press quite resolutely. We had no answer to it. 

We also strolled around when they had possession, giving them acres of space. Moore really does have to work a way round this. It’s far too easy to stop us from playing.

On 17/12/2022 at 17:52, Alextopman said:

22,000 there in this weather for a third tier game.

I doff my cap to those genuine fans that made the effort it could have been a lot easier sofa surfing and watching an illegal stream for nowt.

I went for a pee on 70 minutes. There were plenty of people leaving at that point. It was bitterly cold and a very dull game.

I’m glad I stayed. The penalty save was the only highlight of the afternoon. I bet there weren’t 8000 left by then.