Wolf-Whistling Facing Ban

10 hours ago, Chekhov said:

How are you defining harassment ?

You go first.

You’ve had a lot to say about it on this thread. Much of it disparaging and frankly disgraceful.

Do us all a favour. For clarity, how would you define sexual harassment?

15 hours ago, melthebell said:

its not picking on him, its people showing where hes wrong, misinformation and being wrong should not be left unchecked, the more he posts that people find objectionable or wrong the more people are going to reply, putting things right, its what happens on forums

Einstein is reported to have said, when asked about all the scientists who disagreed with his theories, something like. "if I am wrong, it would only take ONE!"

Whoever actually said it, It is a very wise observation!  :)

Recently, 100 of the 'best Intelligence officials in the business' signed a letter saying that the Hunter Biden laptop affair was likely a Russian misinformation operation.

We'll see how that works out, too!  :)

7 hours ago, sibon said:

You go first.

You’ve had a lot to say about it on this thread. Much of it disparaging and frankly disgraceful.

Do us all a favour. For clarity, how would you define sexual harassment?

As a baseline, he knows how harassment is defined, at least in the context of this thread, as I've posted twice the behaviours as described by the proposed addition to the 1986 Public Order Act, and he's replied to, quoted and whined about them (before the posts were hoovered up in the modding).

Let's just summarise: Chekhov wants freedom to be a dick because ma freedoms and has no real concern about this issue other than feeling a griping 'intense annoyance' because of 'this exaggerated focus on women'.

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Einstein is reported to have said, when asked about all the scientists who disagreed with his theories, something like. "if I am wrong, it would only take ONE!"

Recently, 100 of the 'best Intelligence officials in the business' signed a letter saying that the Hunter Biden laptop affair was likely a Russian misinformation operation.

We'll see how that works out, too!  :)

The Einstein quote is:

”No amount of experimentation can prove me right. A single experiment can prove me wrong”

He was making a point about the nature of science and the importance of evidence in the pursuit of truth. More importantly he was also pointing out that the accumulation of evidence is a collective process, which requires rigour and scepticism.

I don’t think that he had a view on Hunter Biden, but you seem to have spectacularly misunderstood the “quote” that you gave.

10 minutes ago, Hecate said:

As a baseline, he knows how harassment is defined, at least in the context of this thread, as I've posted twice the behaviours as described by the proposed addition to the 1986 Public Order Act, and he's replied to, quoted and whined about them (before the posts were hoovered up in the modding).

Let's just summarise: Chekhov wants freedom to be a dick because ma freedoms and has no real concern about this issue other than feeling a griping 'intense annoyance' because of 'this exaggerated focus on women'.

There are a lot of d****s in this world, and they even congregate in numbers on social media, such as this one.

You can never legislate the end of boorish, foolish, anti-social, bullying behavior, no matter how much you spend, or how many enforcers the government employs trying.

Because it's basic human nature, sometimes fortified with one's substance of choice, peer pressure, or mob behavior

There are more effective ways to encourage a civil, respectful society, and it begins early in life!

21 minutes ago, sibon said:

The Einstein quote is:

”No amount of experimentation can prove me right. A single experiment can prove me wrong”

He was making a point about the nature of science and the importance of evidence in the pursuit of truth. More importantly he was also pointing out that the accumulation of evidence is a collective process, which requires rigour and scepticism.

I don’t think that he had a view on Hunter Biden, but you seem to have spectacularly misunderstood the “quote” that you gave.

Thank you perfesser!

Cute dissemble, and nothing to do with my 100 scientists (or Intelligence Agents) point!  :)

On THAT matter Einstein is reported to have said:

Nazi backlash and coming to America

"Inevitably, Einstein’s fame and the great success of his theories created a backlash. The rising Nazi movement found a convenient target in relativity, branding it “Jewish physics” and sponsoring conferences and book burnings to denounce Einstein and his theories. The Nazis enlisted other physicists, including Nobel laureates Philipp Lenard and Johannes Stark, to denounce Einstein. One Hundred Authors Against Einstein was published in 1931. When asked to comment on this denunciation of relativity by so many scientists, Einstein replied that to defeat relativity one did not need the word of 100 scientists, just one fact.

Encyclopedia Britannica!

NAZIS are like that!  :)

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

The difference, of course, is that Einstein would accept that he was wrong should such data come to light.

You are not Einstein, and in your case there are many fold that number who have proven your claims to be wrong,  repeatedly! :?

Talk about not seeing the wood for the tree's.

51 -> 100... something something.... accuracy.... and of course, you mean Trump Intelligence officials :hihi:

46 minutes ago, trastrick said:

You can never legislate the end of boorish, foolish, anti-social, bullying behavior, no matter how much you spend, or how many enforcers the government employs trying.

Does that include slavishly and boorishly posting the same old same old, time after time... in threads that bear no relation to your post?

Some irony, that you clearly failed to spot, from the most intellectually bereft and dishonest poster on the forum...

...just as well, or you'd be long gone! :hihi:

Anyway, it's not like anyone needs any legislation. Just a couple of carefully placed and obvious questions, and you run off with your tail between your legs anyway! :thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla

15 minutes ago, trastrick said:

There are a lot of d****s in this world, and they even congregate in numbers on social media, such as this one. ...

There certainly are!  The only surprising thing I took away from your post is that you showed such acute self-awareness for a change.  Baby steps.  But well done you!

46 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Cute dissemble, and nothing to do with my 100 scientists (or Intelligence Agents) point!  :)

As usual, light on fact.

NAZIS are like that!  :)

Certainly, a MAGA inductee would know, having used the same play-book to gain, and try to keep, power. :suspect:

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Thank you perfesser!

Now I see. You think that you had a point.

I have some bad news for you…