Wolf-Whistling Facing Ban

16 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Wow. Do you need a hug? Christ almighty.

No, what I need is for the nightmare that was suppressing society to never happen again. And when I get selfish ill informed people, like hypocrite Sibon (with his false virtue signalling) and Ms "part of Australia did it once" Bynnol, arguing we should do it all again, that is what makes me angry, They can stay behind their sofas if they want.

Just now, Chekhov said:

No, what I need is for the nightmare that was suppressing society to never happen again. And when I get selfish ill informed people, like hypocrite Sibon (with his false virtue signalling) and Ms "part of Australia did it once" Bynnol, arguing we should do it all again, that is what makes me angry, They can stay behind their sofas if they want.

Post reported, off topic.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, Chekhov said:

Give over. Stop whining. Man up.

Back on topic.

Tell us how you define sexual harassment. 

6 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Let it flow brother/sister/it!  :)

Why not.

The Einstein quote is a good one though. The meaning is well worth some thought.

It was in a prominent place on my lab wall for over 20 years. Maybe it influenced the occasional young mind.

46 minutes ago, sibon said:

Give over. Stop whining. Man up.

Back on topic.

Tell us how you define sexual harassment. 

I'd have thought it'd be for those looking to increase restrictions and punishments to define it rather than me.

I can tell you what it isn't : wolf whistling.

>>Stop whining [about having so many of your freedoms taken away for months at a time]<<

Showing your hypocrisy again Sibon ?

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I'd have thought it'd be for those looking to increase restrictions and punishments to define it rather than me.

>>Stop whining [about having so many of your freedoms taken away for months at a time]<<

sexual harassment

behaviour characterized by the making of unwelcome and inappropriate sexual remarks or physical advances in a workplace or other professional or social situation.

So, yes, that can include Wolf Whistling.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chekhov said:

Was the question too tricky for you? Is that why you keep on resorting to ad hom nonsense.

Come on. You aren’t usually shy about sharing your opinion.

In the spirit of debate, I’ll just add that a single wolf whistle isn’t sexual harassment. If it is part of a larger pattern of behaviour, it might be viewed differently.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Was the question too tricky for you? Is that why you keep on resorting to ad hom nonsense.

Come on. You aren’t usually shy about sharing your opinion.

In the spirit of debate, I’ll just add that a single wolf whistle isn’t sexual harassment. If it is part of a larger pattern of behaviour, it might be viewed differently.

Well yes I made that point pages ago. No "bloke" is going to be arrested merely for the single act of walking 10m behind a woman down the High Street. 

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

sexual harassment

behaviour characterized by the making of unwelcome and inappropriate sexual remarks or physical advances in a workplace or other professional or social situation.

So, yes, that can include Wolf Whistling.

In your opinion.

Nobody has  a right to never be upset.