Wolf-Whistling Facing Ban

23 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I'm not the one inferring that a poster opposing a ban on a wolf whistle, is compared to supporting a paedophile hurling god knows what abuse to a schoolchild, dearie.

You need to get out and meet some real people!  :)

Ah yes.  My comment about whether support for men's right to make a dick of themselves by shouting  obscenities at women from their cars would extend to support of those men who shout 'get yer tits out' at schoolgirls. 

I can't recall now whether that was before or after I'd posted the quote from the ten year old who'd been harassed by men in a park who told her that they wanted to have sex with her, or the schoolgirl who'd received similar comments from her school bus driver.

I do know that it had nothing to do with wolf whistling because, as I've repeated several times now, other than as a means of poking Daily Mail readers into a froth, it has little to do with the subject at hand, and certainly not as I've been discussing it.

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Bearing in mind we are not talking about physical assault here, I think it's a bit patronising on people, women in particular, to assume they are all so over sensitive and weak willed that they are unable to stick up for themselves.

Would you expect school girls to stick up for themselves when facing sexual harassment by adult men? 

I really can't understand your problem with everyone being given additional protections by the law when facing sexual harassment. 

18 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Ah yes.  My comment about whether support for men's right to make a dick of themselves by shouting  obscenities at women from their cars would extend to support of those men who shout 'get yer tits out' at schoolgirls. 

I can't recall now whether that was before or after I'd posted the quote from the ten year old who'd been harassed by men in a park who told her that they wanted to have sex with her, or the schoolgirl who'd received similar comments from her school bus driver.

I do know that it had nothing to do with wolf whistling because, as I've repeated several times now, other than as a means of poking Daily Mail readers into a froth, it has little to do with the subject at hand, and certainly not as I've been discussing it.

No worries!

I'll always support the right of a woman to make a dick out of herself!  :)

Edited by trastrick

7 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Would you expect school girls to stick up for themselves when facing sexual harassment by adult men? 

I really can't understand your problem with everyone being given additional protections by the law when facing sexual harassment. 

We looked after our girls, any paedo  attempting to mess with them would have got one heck of a kicking.

50 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Bearing in mind we are not talking about physical assault here, I think it's a bit patronising on people, women in particular, to assume they are all so over sensitive and weak willed that they are unable to stick up for themselves.

I'll be honest, I am not really interested in sexual harassment, other than to say I think these days most of it is exaggerated because people are determined to be offended. I am a bit concerned about how it might affect my lad but I'll be dead before it gets too ridiculous. I predict that sooner or later people will be required by law to sign a declaration that sex is consensual or face prosecution by the state. It will happen, might be 25 years, maybe 50 but it will happen.

Sooner than that amigo!

Colleges are already issuing guidelines on how to communicate for sexual purposes!

Probably written be anal rententive academics who haven’t been laid since the Summer of Love! :)

Edited by trastrick

3 hours ago, Delayed said:

My problem is with more and more regulation, more and more stuff being banned, more and more risk averse BS, which is going into the stratosphere. It has been by small steps * , each one greeted by "who could object to that ?", and we will eventually end up with the aforementioned "pre congress contracts". I am not joking, it WILL happen. In fact I'll make another prediction, sooner or later people will have to take an alcohol test before congress to prove they are compos mentis enough to consent to congress. And that is particularly problematic because most people get down to it after a few drinks or a night on the town. That won't be the case any more, BY LAW (sooner or later).

* up till Covid, obviously, then it went up a huge bound in one go

>>Would you expect school girls to stick up for themselves when facing sexual harassment by adult men?<<

How kids are treated is different, obviously. I have already said kids at school are entitled to more protection from being upset (by other kids) because they have to be there, they have no choice in the matter.

Having said that, I would like to know how many "schoolgirls" are sexually harassed by adult men.

Edited by Chekhov

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

My problem is with more and more regulation, more and more stuff being banned, more and more risk averse BS, which is going into the stratosphere. It has been by small steps * , each one greeted by "who could object to that ?", and we will eventually end up with the aforementioned "pre congress contracts". I am not joking, it WILL happen. In fact I'll make another prediction, sooner or later people will have to take an alcohol test before congress to prove they are compos mentis enough to consent to congress. And that is particularly problematic because most people get down to it after a few drinks or a night on the town. That won't be the case any more, BY LAW (sooner or later).

* up till Covid, obviously, then it went up a huge bound in one go

>>Would you expect school girls to stick up for themselves when facing sexual harassment by adult men?<<

How kids are treated is different, obviously. I have already said kids at school are entitled to more protection from being upset (by other kids) because they have to be there, they have no choice in the matter.

Having said that, I would like to know how many "schoolgirls" are sexually harassed by adult men.

Last sentence , Why ?

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Last sentence , Why ?

Because he's probably thinking there's a small insignificant amount of schoolgirls bring sexually harassed. And by his own definition of sexual harassment which would only be physical..

If he has a genuine interest in the subject (which he's already admitted that he doesn't) he'd watch Monday nights Channel 4 documentary.

But it all boils down to him being told what he can and can't do

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Because he's probably thinking there's a small insignificant amount of schoolgirls bring sexually harassed. And by his own definition of sexual harassment which would only be physical..

If he has a genuine interest in the subject (which he's already admitted that he doesn't) he'd watch Monday nights Channel 4 documentary.

But it all boils down to him being told what he can and can't do

I thought he was going to produce a graph 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Even assuming that your theory does come true then why would it upset you so much?

If you don't treat women like a piece of meat, it won't matter 

• Like 1