Wolf-Whistling Facing Ban

22 hours ago, sibon said:

Why not.

The Einstein quote is a good one though. The meaning is well worth some thought.

It was in a prominent place on my lab wall for over 20 years. Maybe it influenced the occasional young mind.

A laudable thing to do!

But they are more likely to be influenced by today's penchant for knocking down pioneers of discovery, Columbus, literature, Shakespeare, Hans Christian Andersson, et al,  politicians who kept the world at peace, and the guy that developed the electric car, and showed NASA how to get folks to space and back using re-cyclable rockets :)

Turns out they were all flawed human beings, with some seedy characteristics in their personal lives, rather than "exceptional" thinkers ahead of their times!

A bad lot, who had the nerve to think they were better at somethings, than others!

Offensive scoundrels!  :)

Edited by trastrick

55 minutes ago, trastrick said:

A laudable thing to do!

But they are more likely to be influenced by today's penchant for knocking down pioneers of discovery, Columbus, literature, Shakespeare, Hans Christian Andersson, et al,  politicians who kept the world at peace, and the guy that developed the electric car, and showed NASA how to get folks to space and back using re-cyclable rockets :)

Turns out they were all flawed human beings, with some seedy characteristics in their personal lives, rather than "exceptional" thinkers ahead of their times!

A bad lot, who had the nerve to think they were better at somethings, than others!

Offensive scoundrels!  :)

That’s youngsters for you. They tend to rebel.

The inconsiderate darlings consider that they are being bombarded by a bunch of old (mostly) white, (mostly) blokes using pejorative terms like “woke” and constantly banging on about the olden days.

The good news is that there is an easy fix for their disrespect. All that the old blokes need to do, is to stop banging on about the past and accept that the world is a much better place now, than it was in 1973.

Problem solved.

Edited by sibon

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

The inconsiderate darlings consider that they are being bombarded by a bunch of old (mostly) white, (mostly) blokes using pejorative terms like “woke” and constantly banging on about the olden days.

The good news is that there is an easy fix for their disrespect. All the old blokes need to do is to stop banging on about the past and accept that the world is a much better place now, than it was in 1973.

Problem solved.

I was 25 in 1973, try as much as I can I can’t erase the memories of the people, the music and the football.

34 minutes ago, sibon said:

The good news is that there is an easy fix for their disrespect. All the old blokes need to do is to stop banging on about the past and accept that the world is a much better place now, than it was in 1973.

Problem solved.

I give you your European wars, (closest to nuclear Armageddon since the Cuban Missile Crisis, according to the current Leader of the Free World), economic chaos, deeply divided populations, and Europe about to freeze in the dark.

Want more?

But you're all right jack, no bombs falling on you lot, you got a government job, and can't be fired!  :)

I'll ignore the reference to your most divisive, dismissive ageist comments about "old blokes", (highly valued as Elders in some societies) for the the moment!

God only knows what you are teaching those kids!

thumbnail_Screen-Shot-2022-12-14-at-3.18

Edited by trastrick

3 minutes ago, trastrick said:

But you're all right jack, you got a government job, and can't be fired!  :)

I can’t be fired, because I work for myself.

I mostly teach kids to avoid making assumptions and to ensure that they can evidence any claims that they make😁

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

I can’t be fired, because I work for myself.

I mostly teach kids to avoid making assumptions and to ensure that they can evidence any claims that they make😁

Got yer own private school, have yer?  :)

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

I give you your European wars, (closest to nuclear Armageddon since the Cuban Missile Crisis, according to the current Leader of the Free World), economic chaos, deeply divided populations, and Europe about to freeze in the dark.

So, a load of stuff that you have no concept of how or why they exist... or what the causes are... clearly :?

Want more?

Sure, where are the pandemics, and utterly botched responses, in that list? :suspect: :hihi:

But you're all right jack, you got a government job, and can't be fired!  :)

You know it's bad when you have to make stuff up to have anything to say at all.

I'll ignore the reference to your most divisive, dismissive ageist comments about "old blokes", for the the moment!

Indeed, plenty of time for you to prove the point yet.

I'll wager they aren't teaching how to excuse sexual assault as "she was asking for it" :roll:

• Like 1