Wolf-Whistling Facing Ban

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

What if you're wrong and he did it just the once but was made an example of?

That's just as possible is it not cressida?

It depends on what was said and in his case,  as Delayed mentioned,  we don't know.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Luck of the draw, no different to someone who speeds every day, gets away with it, yet someone does it once and gets caught.

Its how the cookie crumbles.

As an aside, nobody can seriously justify a woman being cat called in the street ffs, it isnt an 1970s naff B movie.

To be clear, I've never catcalled anyone. I was raised better. However I don't like the way things like this are being used to demonise men.

And let's be honest this is about men, not women. I can't see a woman being stopped and fined for unwanted advances towards a man.

Of course if I'm wrong I'm happy to retract that. 

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

It depends on what was said and in his case,  as Delayed mentioned,  we don't know.

Yes, it would help if there had been more detail in the link. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

To be clear, I've never catcalled anyone. I was raised better. However I don't like the way things like this are being used to demonise men.

And let's be honest this is about men, not women. I can't see a woman being stopped and fined for unwanted advances towards a man.

Of course if I'm wrong I'm happy to retract that. 

Yes, it would help if there had been more detail in the link. 

There is no further detail in the article on the Redbridge Borough Council website, where the newspapers took the story from.

No-one with good judgement would say all guys are cat-callers,  I'm taking it as if the worst are demeaning women as if they are pets who should come when beckoned (?)

I've had men whistle at me from rooftops and have felt pleased,  probably makes their day,  it's cold work - but never been cat-called,  they'd get their answer.

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

No-one with good judgement would say all guys are cat-callers,  I'm taking it as if the worst are demeaning women as if they are pets who should come when beckoned (?)

I've had men whistle at me from rooftops and have felt pleased,  probably makes their day,  it's cold work - but never been cat-called,  they'd get their answer.

Good on ya lass 👏

Just now, hackey lad said:

Whats "cat calling"   ?

According to Google 

the act of shouting harassing and often sexually suggestive, threatening, or derisive comments at someone publicly. Though I seldom witness catcalling or verbal harassment, I've come to understand how constant and burdensome it can be for women, especially when the words used are crude, violent, or degrading.

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Good on ya lass 👏

According to Google 

the act of shouting harassing and often sexually suggestive, threatening, or derisive comments at someone publicly. Though I seldom witness catcalling or verbal harassment, I've come to understand how constant and burdensome it can be for women, especially when the words used are crude, violent, or degrading.

Thanks for that Info Daddy,

As you know I do get confused,

My next door neighbour has a cat, and every night he opens his door and shouts, TIDDLES you can come in now.

• Haha 1