Wolf-Whistling Facing Ban

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

I was responding to this, and here come the bastions of free speech!

LOL

Will you please fix that quote. You’ve quoted me, but attributed it to yourself. You also seem to have quoted me for no good reason.

1 minute ago, cressida said:

The basis of this is that some blokes (can't call them men) believe it's ok to behave as stalkers - they won't own it though and use a cover as HHR posted.

I am a man but some of the posters in this thread are beyond pathetic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sibon said:

I think that the thing to do is to draft laws so that the lowlifes who stalk and intimidate others can be arrested and prosecuted.

It is clear from reading this thread that there are quite a few male contributors who don’t like having their behaviour challenged. I wouldn’t want to speculate on the reason for that.

The truth is that stalkers hide behind defences like “I was only looking”, “I was only walking down the street”,  “I was only standing there”. Because taken individually, those actions are trivial.

Once those actions become part of a pattern, they can be less than trivial to the victims. Imagine being followed by the same person, night after night. A person who has been standing outside your house for hours. And then imagine them defending themselves by saying “I was only walking down the road”.

I’m not sure that this law is the correct way to deal with the problem, but the intentions are good.

Says here that Sibon said"

I'll be happy to withdraw my response if somebody is impersonating you?  :)

As it happens, I did edit the post for those who cannot figure out how SF handles it's comments.

I deeply and sincerely apologize for any distress I may have caused you!

We can't be too careful!  :)

Edited by trastrick

Its quite sad that we even need to make it a crime. I thought wolf whistling went out with the 70s.

But then again you've got people in power who are supposed to be responsible doing worse

Serving officer charged with harassment of woman

https://www.gmp.police.uk/news/greater-manchester/news/news/2022/september/a-serving-police-officer-has-been-charged-following-a-report-of-harassment/

Police misconduct: female ex-police officers are exposing the “sexist and sick” behaviour of male colleagues

https://www.stylist.co.uk/news/police-sexual-misconduct-women-whistleblowing/579278

nearly 2,000 police officers, special constables and PCSOs had been accused of some form of sexual misconduct over the past four years.

42 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Says here that Sibon said"

I'll be happy to withdraw my response if somebody is impersonating you?  :)

As it happens, I did edit the post for those who cannot figure out how SF handles it's comments.

I deeply and sincerely apologize for any distress I may have caused you!

We can't be too careful!  :)

Thank you.

You can go back to your safe space now.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

The basis of this is that some blokes (can't call them men) believe it's ok to behave as stalkers - they won't own it though and use a cover as HHR posted.

How are you defining stalking ? I mean exactly, objectively.

Just now, Chekhov said:

I don't even know what you're talking about.

>>Maybe think of others who do not.<<

Yes, just so long as I, and others, do not have to change our lives and give up basic freedoms just so some people don't get upset. 

Normally stalk people, do you?

If not, this doesn't impact you does it Sid?