National Anthem

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

I have no idea as to whether it is left wing, nor do I care. Why are you querying as to why it's in a Heritage site? It's about the queen a major part of the countrys heritage.

Antway, here's something from a right wing source https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1641334/queen-elizabeth-ii-legal-immunity-investigation  They quote the Guardian but don't challenge and disprove anything.

Paragraph #1 - because it sounds a very strange article, and actually, rechecking, it is a 'Heritage Travel' site which I have never seen - as I say, more investigation is required before any firm conclusions can be drawn.

Paragraph #2 - I wonder why 'The Guardian' carried out this 'investigation', and even more why the 'Express' decided to reprint it - plagiarism springs to mind.

EDIT: I see your original source was a Southern Irish 'Media' source, affiliated to another 'company'  I haven't had chance to check yet - and the 'comment' at the bottom of that article is, shall we say, hilarious, If they want to be taken seriously.

Edited by RollingJ
Added text.

12 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Paragraph #1 - because it sounds a very strange article, and actually, rechecking, it is a 'Heritage Travel' site which I have never seen - as I say, more investigation is required before any firm conclusions can be drawn.

Paragraph #2 - I wonder why 'The Guardian' carried out this 'investigation', and even more why the 'Express' decided to reprint it - plagiarism springs to mind.

EDIT: I see your original source was a Southern Irish 'Media' source, affiliated to another 'company'  I haven't had chance to check yet - and the 'comment' at the bottom of that article is, shall we say, hilarious, If they want to be taken seriously.

You are going about this in a way which is often employed by someone trying to refute something and all it does is reveal the weakness of your position.

You are attacking the messenger instead of providing facts to disprove the contention. If you can actually supply some verifiable facts that prove that you are correct then it doesn't matter who's claiming otherwise does it?

Can you?

6 minutes ago, m williamson said:

You are going about this in a way which is often employed by someone trying to refute something and all it does is reveal the weakness of your position.

You are attacking the messenger instead of providing facts to disprove the contention. If you can actually supply some verifiable facts that prove that you are correct then it doesn't matter who's claiming otherwise does it?

Can you?

And you are failing to address the points I make, which is a typical way of someone who knows they can't answer them.

However, although I await your reply with interest, I will not be responding - a waste of time with people such as you.

With all national anthems, it all depends on whether you mean it when you sing it.  With our NA a lot of folks just stand out of habit. 

To hear one that means something, be present in the Natioanal Stadium in Cardiff when they sing Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau  (Land f My Fathers). That's a proper national anthem, and they have my total respect. 

5 minutes ago, Cyclecar said:

With all national anthems, it all depends on whether you mean it when you sing it.  With our NA a lot of folks just stand out of habit. 

To hear one that means something, be present in the Natioanal Stadium in Cardiff when they sing Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau  (Land f My Fathers). That's a proper national anthem, and they have my total respect. 

I agree totally, pity we can’t nick it.

To the rousing tune of Land of Hope and Glory?

"Land of woke and tory

Workers and the lazee

How can it be paid for?

Nowt is re-a-lly free

Higher still, and higher

Shall our Debt be set

God please send us some leaders

This lot is all wet!"

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

To the rousing tune of Land of Hope and Glory?

"Land of woke and tory

Workers and the lazee

How can it be paid for?

Nowt is re-a-lly free

Higher still, and higher

Shall our Debt be set

God please send us some leaders

This lot is all wet!"

Slight accuracy problem, let me correct that for you:

"Land of waffling stories, so sad he cannot see

A bitter whining constant, but no ideas clearly

Higher still and ever shrill about that massive debt

But, with the leaders he extols, that's exactly what you get!

But, with the leaders he extols, that's exactly what you get!"

:thumbsup: