National Anthem

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

See post #79 above where he was advised.

Are you under the impression that you are the font of all knowledge and once you have spoken no further discussion is required or allowed on any particular topic?

As it happens I hadn't bothered reading your comment at #79 but having now done so I see that you used the term AFAIK which is hardly a definitive statement is it?

2 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Are you under the impression that you are the font of all knowledge and once you have spoken no further discussion is required or allowed on any particular topic?

As it happens I hadn't bothered reading your comment at #79 but having now done so I see that you used the term AFAIK which is hardly a definitive statement is it?

I am not under your claimed 'impression' - no.

True,  AFAIK does imply I could be wrong, but I doubt I am - did EU countries not use their own National Anthems at the World Cupp very recently.

14 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I am not under your claimed 'impression' - no.

True,  AFAIK does imply I could be wrong, but I doubt I am - did EU countries not use their own National Anthems at the World Cupp very recently.

I replied to his comment because it appeared on the surface to be the type of complete arrant nonsense that Brexiteers have a habit of coming out with on a regular basis. I afforded him the benefit of the doubt because it was that daft it may have been meant as a joke.

All EU members remain sovereign nations and as you say they retain their anthems. Ode to Joy by Beethoven is the EU anthem played when the EU is in session.

The other alternative would be to play all 27 ( formerly 28 ) anthems to start proceedings and although EU committees have come out with some daft stuff in the past even they didn't go with that.

32 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I replied to his comment because it appeared on the surface to be the type of complete arrant nonsense that Brexiteers have a habit of coming out with on a regular basis. I afforded him the benefit of the doubt because it was that daft it may have been meant as a joke.

All EU members remain sovereign nations and as you say they retain their anthems. Ode to Joy by Beethoven is the EU anthem played when the EU is in session.

The other alternative would be to play all 27 ( formerly 28 ) anthems to start proceedings and although EU committees have come out with some daft stuff in the past even they didn't go with that.

Ok - get your point and agree with all you say, except the underlined bit which was unnecessary, but I'll let that go - we're all entitled to our own opinion.

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...