Solihull Tragedy

This seems to happen every winter whenever there's a freezing cold snap. IMO There needs to be more of the old fashioned public information films on the media warning kids not to step /play on frozen ponds. It's a rare enough event for it to be fascinating to children who don't know any better. They need reminding. Parents should do it, but probably forget, and kids take it more seriously when it's on the screen.

17 minutes ago, Anna B said:

This seems to happen every winter whenever there's a freezing cold snap. IMO There needs to be more of the old fashioned public information films on the media warning kids not to step /play on frozen ponds. It's a rare enough event for it to be fascinating to children who don't know any better. They need reminding. Parents should do it, but probably forget, and kids take it more seriously when it's on the screen.

Aye because all the kids these days watch live TV and would actually listen to it.

51 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It also happens every hot summer 

19 hours ago, pattricia said:

Yes, I agree. I don’t think kids do think of potential danger. My sons loved sledging but that also has its dangers. I suppose it’s just throwing snow balls and building a snow man to be on the safe side.

They should do, but did they know about it ?

Frost, below freezing, equals ice, it’s not hard to work out.