What Makes A Politician?

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So she knows about gas and water engineering, impressive 

She seems to have at least two things on you then.

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Meeeeoooooooow 🤣

I know.

But, for the last week,  Olivia Blake has been a shining example of what an MP should be.

Hackey, on the other hand, reminds me of one of those old guys on the Muppet Show..

And, you need to comb your hair.

Edited by sibon

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

I know.

But, for the last week,  Olivia Blake has been a shining example of what an MP should be.

Hackey, on the other hand, reminds me of one of those old guys on the Muppet Show..

I think hackey is just In a mood. He's a good guy really. 

As for Olivia Blake, I don't know first hand but I've heard good things said about her recently from a few people at Stannington. 

My daughter used to go to a gym there so I got to know a fair few locals, they are miserable (who can blame them) but quite impressed and more hopeful 👌

9 minutes ago, sibon said:

My new picture was a suggestion from hackey lad. 

Well kind of a suggestion.  It could have been more of an insult but I'm in a good mood tonight 😁

41 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So she knows about gas and water engineering, impressive 

Hmmm... :huh:

I'm more impressed that Mr Sibon reckons she's capable of getting the council to do their jobs correctly...

... the woman obviously possesses superpowers far beyond that of any mere mortal! :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I'm more impressed that Mr Sibon reckons she's capable of getting the council to do their jobs correctly...

... the woman obviously possesses superpowers far beyond that of any mere mortal! :thumbsup:

Oddly enough, the council have done ok on this one. As have Cadent.

Private sector Yorkshire Water seem to be AWOL.  They made £240 000 000 last year. They have presided over crumbling infrastructure. Racked up huge profits. Left customers of their monopoly without heat, or electricity for over a week. And they are nowhere to be seen.

So, Hmmmm all you like. This one is negligence of the private sector. Profit, before service. At least Olivia Blake is getting stuck in to try to make a difference.

7 hours ago, sibon said:

Oddly enough, the council have done ok on this one. As have Cadent.

Private sector Yorkshire Water seem to be AWOL.  They made £240 000 000 last year. They have presided over crumbling infrastructure. Racked up huge profits. Left customers of their monopoly without heat, or electricity for over a week. And they are nowhere to be seen.

So, Hmmmm all you like. This one is negligence of the private sector. Profit, before service. At least Olivia Blake is getting stuck in to try to make a difference.

Who are also 'Private sector'.

43 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Who are also 'Private sector'.

Indeed they are. Maybe you didn’t read my post carefully enough. The blame for the Stannington fiasco lies with poor quality infrastructure, overseen by a private monopoly. 

I was giving credit to Cadent, but they are really only doing their job. Yorkshire Water have failed to do theirs. They fail to do their job in a great many ways, whilst also paying huge dividends. They are a disgrace and their response to this, so far, is a disgrace.

But Olivia Blake is doing a very good job.

Edited by sibon