Balenciaga Scandle

This is a distasteful subject so I'll let the link to the talking......

https://www.thecut.com/2022/12/what-to-know-about-the-balenciaga-ad-scandal.html

My view is the sexualisation of children on TV and in ads has been going on for too long. It needs to stop. This whole Balenciaga thing is repulsive but could there be a silver lining?

If a big enough stink is kicked off maybe it'll have a knockon effect on the whole industry 🤞

Whats your thoughts?

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Like 1

In this case it is the public concern that has harmed the brand, its owners and shareholders. The financial loss they will suffer, will act as a warning to others. Is that enough?

They will have been advised by their damage limitation advisors that a quick and speedy full apology is the best way for the brand and individuals to avoid further damage. 

Do they mean it?

What are they going to do about it?

What about the layers of anonymous people who allowed this to end up as a $multi-million campaign. Will the way they work change? Probably not if they are anything like the photographer who excused himself on Instagram by saying "...I was not entitled in whatsoever manner to neither chose the products, nor the models, nor the combination of the same." Then “As a photographer, I was only and solely requested to lit the given scene, and take the shots according to my signature style.”

• Thanks 1