Honey Crystallising In The Winter

18 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I am going to put the olive oils above the freezer coils in the garage to see if it stops them going cloudy.

I am unsure if this tip would work in a totally unheated garage with a possibly draughty door.....

The coils don't give out that much heat, but it may be just enough to keep the honey from crystallising in a kitchen which may be unheated over night or in the day when we might be out at work.

20 hours ago, sibon said:

If you want to uncrystallise your honey, boil the kettle and put the honey jar into a jug of fairly hot water. You’ll need a bit of patience and probably two, or three water changes. Stirring the honey helps. If it is stubborn, try adding a spoonful of water.

Would it help inverting and "up turning" the honey bottle every few days (when one thinks about it) ?

7 hours ago, melthebell said:

First world problems

But what does that mean ?

Are you implying we should all put up with crystallised honey because they might not have honey in the third world ?

What is the point of that ? Other than honey producers, because I much admit to throwing the odd part used bottle which just would not go back to normal, who would gain from that ?

Edited by Chekhov

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Would it help inverting and "up turning" the honey bottle every few days (when one thinks about it) ?

The stirring was to equalise the temperature whilst you are warming the crystallised honey. Otherwise the middle of the jar won’t get warm enough to uncrystallise.

I’m interested in your fridge experiment. Let us know if it makes a difference to the flavour. Especially the last bits that have been in contact with the warm glass.

On 18/12/2022 at 17:49, fools said:

it's probably been nowhere near a bee, just use sugar like everyone else, or microwave it, or eat it quicker.

co-op? you must be loaded

CoOp wheat biscuits are cheaper than Weetabix, and nicer. I find most Weetabix (genuine or copy) can have a slightly bitter taste, the CoOp stuff is smoother.

55 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

CoOp wheat biscuits are cheaper than Weetabix, and nicer. I find most Weetabix (genuine or copy) can have a slightly bitter taste, the CoOp stuff is smoother.

M&S ones taste nice, but they go soggy too quickly.  Weetabix are the best at not turning into mush.