Putting Grit On Paths.

Guest busdriver1

The council in Rotherham have been very good, even to the point where a guy cam down our close and gritted all the footpaths and even peoples front paths. Cant fault them.

17 hours ago, geared said:

Council have been removing grit bins for ages, or only ever filling them once a year.

They fill them at the start of the winter and will replenish them if you tell them they are empty. Use this page to request filling. They do it pretty quickly when I report ours empty.

40 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

They fill them at the start of the winter and will replenish them if you tell them they are empty. Use this page to request filling. They do it pretty quickly when I report ours empty.

So why have they removed ours , The man in charge of gritting said in the Star newspaper there had never been one there . We sent him a photo ,  The councillors said they would get it put back two years ago , Its still not here , Its on a  old peoples estate as well as  invalids in local care . 

You will no doubt have a answer as per usual , all we know is that people are hurting them selves by sllpping and cars are. sliding on the hill .

Just now, cuttsie said:

So why have they removed ours , The man in charge of gritting said in the Star newspaper there had never been one there . We sent him a photo ,  The councillors said they would get it put back two years ago , Its still not here , Its on a  old peoples estate as well as  invalids in local care . 

You will no doubt have a answer as per usual , all we know is that people are hurting them selves by sllpping and cars are. sliding on the hill .

These are my own views and not part of any one else.  past or present ,  

29 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

These are my own views and not part of any one else.  past or present ,  

Why are you posting about it on here instead of doing something about it like making a formal complaint to the council?

It’s not difficult and you’ll get a response within a defined timescale.

Have you written to the councillors you spoke to and reminded them? You have 3 ward councillors. Write to all of them. 

That grit bin map is really good, i am always grumbling that there are no bins around and it seems have walked past one many times without realising, it must be the yellow camouflage,  worried now for lollipop persons, perhaps a sign saying "free beer" might get my attention better.

31 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Why are you posting about it on here instead of doing something about it like making a formal complaint to the council?

Have you written to the councillors you spoke to and reminded them? You have 3 ward councillors. Write to all of them. 

I emailed all mine on the 22nd November regarding a separate issue.

Not one of them has replied. It is now the 15th December.

47 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Been there , got the response  , BUT  no bin , 

Next?????????