Putting Grit On Paths.

30 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Council maps here;

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads-pavements/winter-road-pavement-issues

don't show a grit bin but do show that Bevan Way gets gritted.

Its the footpaths where old folks bungalows are situated .  

Some of them have now been gritted  four days into ice on footpaths ( for first time ever)  but not all .

The Hill on first day was  causing cars to slide , Grit bin would have solved situation .

I wonder if Sheffield forum is read by those in charge 

12 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Its the footpaths where old folks bungalows are situated .  

Some of them have now been gritted  four days into ice on footpaths ( for first time ever)  but not all .

The Hill on first day was  causing cars to slide , Grit bin would have solved situation .

I wonder if Sheffield forum is read by those in charge 

Hmmm... :huh:

No, the forum is only read by people who definitely have NO connection to SCC... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rudds1 said:

Thought that was what is was for ?

It's there to be used on public highways inc footpaths by the public that aren't on a priority route. Not using on your own driveway, garden paths etc. 

For private use you should be buying your own not robbing a public resource (unless you're a Sheffield Councillor..) 

22kg of rock salt is £8 in B&Q

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cuttsie said:

And I am telling thee that the man in charge of gritting does not care , He called me a liar in the press  when I said that our grit bin had been removed , When he was provided with photographic evidence he never apologised ,  He then blamed his team who ever they are .

Stop making excuses for  crap officials who are not fit for office 

The senior people get briefings and information from the teams who work for them. People are human, mistakes are occasionally made, but it doesn’t hurt to say sorry when they are. 

55 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

The senior people get briefings and information from the teams who work for them. People are human, mistakes are occasionally made, but it doesn’t hurt to say sorry when they are. 

And just how many "mistakes" are SCC going to make before you take of the rose tinted glasses and realise that it's not mistakes, it's incompetence or worse, negligence. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Resident said:

And just how many "mistakes" are SCC going to make before you take of the rose tinted glasses and realise that it's not mistakes, it's incompetence or worse, negligence. 

It’s 1 grit bin that they didn’t have a record of out of more than a couple of thousand.

Hardly a major issue on the grand scale of things.

An organisation the size of SCC does so many things that occasionally the odd one will go wrong. The type of stuff they do can mean that they can’t please everyone and some folk get upset. That’s just the nature of the work they do.

None of this is an indicator of systemic incompetence or negligence.

No organisation public or private that I know of gets it 100% right 100% of the time. 

You just don’t hear about the stuff that goes as planned, which is the vast  majority.

3 hours ago, Planner1 said:

It’s 1 grit bin that they didn’t have a record of out of more than a couple of thousand.

Hardly a major issue on the grand scale of things.

An organisation the size of SCC does so many things that occasionally the odd one will go wrong. The type of stuff they do can mean that they can’t please everyone and some folk get upset. That’s just the nature of the work they do.

None of this is an indicator of systemic incompetence or negligence.

No organisation public or private that I know of gets it 100% right 100% of the time. 

You just don’t hear about the stuff that goes as planned, which is the vast  majority.

The Tin hut on Fargate is a brilliant piece of Town Planning , If your lot need to get rid of it then our allotment  holders   will make use of em 

Paint some rainbow crossings on Bevan Way as well , take our mind of slipping and sliding on our arsssses 

Edited by cuttsie
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, cuttsie said:

The Tin hut on Fargate is a brilliant piece of Town Planning , If your lot need to get rid of it then our allotment  holders   will make use of em 

Paint some rainbow crossings on Bevan Way as well , take our mind of slipping and sliding on our arsssses 

Container buildings like that have worked well in lots of other places., including in Sheffield. That one is temporary and will be moving soon.

SCC are not “my” lot. I don’t work for them.