Cambridge Dictionary Changes Meaning Of 'Woman' And 'Man'

All this is coming down to is a future where everyone wears grey boilersuits and has a number instead of a name as there'll be no such thing as gender or sex; for the purpose of 'inclusivity' everyone will dress the same and look the same so as not to stand out and cause offence.

All negative words will be stripped out of language so that no one can be upset or offended - a la 1984. All history books will be amended; museums will remove all 'offensive' historical pieces and we will effectively erradicate the fact that things like racism never even existed. There will be no heroes anymore - how can someone have ended slavery if slavery never actually happened? Bruce Jenner didn't win mens Olympic gold, Caitlyn Jenner did.

And, as people are saying about the 'evolution' of words - 'Freedom' will have a completely different meaning to now. As we add more and more labels to everything and make more and more things illegal, we will no longer be free in the true sense of the word. We're striving for equality and inclusion without actually understand what those words mean and how they will affect us and each other. 'Freedom' will simply just mean existence in a totalitarian state where 'offense' is seen as the most serious of crimes, over and above murder and rape etc.

Well... that's my opinion and prediction, anyway.

• Like 2

On 16/12/2022 at 16:58, leviathan13 said:

All this is coming down to is a future where everyone wears grey boilersuits and has a number instead of a name as there'll be no such thing as gender or sex; for the purpose of 'inclusivity' everyone will dress the same and look the same so as not to stand out and cause offence.

All negative words will be stripped out of language so that no one can be upset or offended - a la 1984. All history books will be amended; museums will remove all 'offensive' historical pieces and we will effectively erradicate the fact that things like racism never even existed. There will be no heroes anymore - how can someone have ended slavery if slavery never actually happened? Bruce Jenner didn't win mens Olympic gold, Caitlyn Jenner did.

And, as people are saying about the 'evolution' of words - 'Freedom' will have a completely different meaning to now. As we add more and more labels to everything and make more and more things illegal, we will no longer be free in the true sense of the word. We're striving for equality and inclusion without actually understand what those words mean and how they will affect us and each other. 'Freedom' will simply just mean existence in a totalitarian state where 'offense' is seen as the most serious of crimes, over and above murder and rape etc.

Well... that's my opinion and prediction, anyway.

You might be right.

Whatever happens during my remaining years on this clown planet, it will be amusing if nothing else.

On 16/12/2022 at 14:58, leviathan13 said:

My bold. 

I am not a number!  I'm a free man!