Am I Out Of Touch.

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Yes more of it here. 

It really is hypocritical of them, they expend so much effort virtue signalling "look what a nice kind thoughtful person I am" yet they start insulting people and getting personal and nasty more quickly than any other group.

To be fair they have not really had much to celebrate over the past decade or so, therefore I understand their pent up anger.  Labour will cruise to a victory in a couple of years so hopefully it might calm them down a tad.

8 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Yes more of it here. 

It really is hypocritical of them, they expend so much effort virtue signalling "look what a nice kind thoughtful person I am" yet they start insulting people and getting personal and nasty more quickly than any other group.

There you go Your imagination is at it again, you have no idea, constantly lumping everyone in the same (group) when it doesn't suit your mindset,  people do all sorts of things for personal reasons, to varying degrees, you got my post arse about face and got a honest response, as you went offensive on my reasons for my choices. Only thing cheap on this site is yourself.

Edited by Beechwood_S6

On 20/12/2022 at 20:00, Mister M said:

A very good point.

A friend of mine was a carer for his bedbound elderly mother for over 10 years. He gave up a good job he enjoyed. He got very little help from the state money wise, or practical help in terms of helping to bathe his mother or help lift her so she didn't get bed sores. 24 hours a day, every week of every year for over 10 years. Consequently he developed all kinds of musculoskeletal and stress related health issues.

I and a couple of his other friends went to sit with her occasionally, so he could go out and have a break.

When she finally passed away, the DWP were on his back to get a job, even though he'd explained what he'd gone through.

I've heard of this in many instances. All funding is immediately withdrawn from people who are probably deep in grief and who have no idea of what the future holds or which way to turn.

And then at the worst possible time of their lives, to add to their woes, they suddenly find themselves with no chance to think or plan because they have no money to support themselves, and have to immediately enter the revolving door world of poorly paid, inappropriate jobs, unemployment and an impoverished old age. 

Not much thanks for giving up your life to care for a loved one, and saving the taxpayer millions...

42 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Not much thanks for giving up your life to care for a loved one, and saving the taxpayer millions...

The old folks could make the same claim.

Old folks have sacrificed much. and still do, for their children. without expecting "thanks".

Sounds a bit one-sided to me.

Edited by trastrick

17 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I agree completely, and its just happened on a thread about Vegan food, same thing.  Anyone only has to read some of the comments on the BBC news stories (to be fair these are by the "audience" not by the Beeb itself) you will see plenty of it. Lefties get personal and insulting very quickly. It may be Lefties subconsciously think  they're virtuous and caring so anyone who disagrees with them cannot be and is therefore game for insults. Or it could just be that when they start losing the arguments (Lefties tend to be idealists rather than pragmatists) they start playing the man rather than the ball. I see this regularly.

As someone who has stated that they are a relatively recent convert to Conservatives,was that accompanied by a change in your own demeanour.

You do have some strange attitudes.

If your insurance company supplied an Audi replacement for whatever car you drive would you become an instant road hog.

It may be that some righties have a sense of superiority and entitlement..on the other hand it might just be that some people,irrespective of their political bias have a peculiar way of underpinning their preconceived biases.

Edited by RJRB