Am I Out Of Touch.

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Well I’ve just given you a couple of examples of how it hasn’t gone downhill but carry on . 

I think they do quite well with the emergency stuff.

It's the chronic conditions and less specific things that they fail on. 

And the care of patients with Alzheimers and dementia can be shockingly bad.

The old fashioned basics like quality sleep, decent food, and keeping patients clean are neglected and no care is taken of their mental wellbeing to keep their minds occupied or their spirits up. 

Edited by Anna B
are
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

I think they do quite well with the emergency stuff.

It's the chronic conditions and less specific things that they fail on. 

And the care of patients with Alzheimers and dementia can be shockingly bad.

The old fashioned basics like quality sleep, decent food, and keeping patients clean are neglected and no care is taken of their mental wellbeing to keep their minds occupied or their spirits up. 

Health care is just a huge multi billion dollar industry. Populated by a cross section of human beings earning a living.

And run by government fiat.

And if a right wing government is in power the left scream incompetence, and if a left wing government is in power, the right wing scream incompetence.

It seems that 100% of the population are screaming incompetence at various times.

There's a huge bureaucracy of earners between you and your doctor, so it's not surprising that it's not perfect!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mister M said:

I think you're seeing what you want to see.

I don't use social media at all, and the only forum I use is this one. And over the 14 years I've been on here those that were banned for being racist, homophobic and just plain nasty tended to be right wingers or argued from a right wing point of view....Not exclusively of course. But that's the general trend.

I am talking about posts which get personal, insulting or just plain trolling. And there is no doubt about it whatsoever, Leftie types are the worst offenders, and it's not just on this forum, it's all of them.

15 hours ago, crookesey said:

When I was banned for life the style of my posts were very similar to what they are now, I could name and blame (they are shameless) but I don’t recall being a Fascist.

I was banned in Apr 2020 for repeatedly saying kids were not at any significant risk from Covid. A fact which was provably correct even then.  It was utterly disgraceful, not only because it was censorship and it was removing provable facts, but, possibly even worse, it was unnecessarily worrying thousands of parents.

Edited by Chekhov

34 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am talking about posts which get personal, insulting or just plain trolling. And there is no doubt about it whatsoever, Leftie types are the worst offenders, and it's not just on this forum, it's all of them.

That view is based on you being a righty type .

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You probably think that because you find it very difficult to countenance any opinion that conflicts with your world view.

Just now, RJRB said:

>>Chekhov said:
I am talking about posts which get personal, insulting or just plain trolling. And there is no doubt about it whatsoever, Leftie types are the worst offenders, and it's not just on this forum, it's all of them.<<

That view is based on you being a righty type .

It really isn't.

Quite apart from anything else I have only been "a rightie type" for a couple of years (I had never voted Tory up to 2021) and I noticed it before.

I recommend reading some of the comments on the BBC news stories (to be fair these are by the "audience" not by the Beeb itself) you will soon see. Lefties get personal and insulting very quickly. It may be Lefties subconsciously think  they're virtuous and caring so anyone who disagrees with them cannot be and is therefore game for insults. Or it could just be that when they start losing the arguments (Lefties tend to be idealists rather than pragmatists) they start playing the man rather than the ball. I see this regularly.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

It really isn't.

Quite apart from anything else I have only been "a rightie type" for a couple of years (I had never voted Tory up to 2021) and I noticed it before.

I recommend reading some of the comments on the BBC news stories (to be fair these are by the "audience" not by the Beeb itself) you will soon see. Lefties get personal and insulting very quickly. It may be Lefties subconsciously think  they're virtuous and caring so anyone who disagrees with them cannot be and is therefore game for insults. Or it could just be that when they start losing the arguments (Lefties tend to be idealists rather than pragmatists) they start playing the man rather than the ball. I see this regularly.

What you seek is what you will find,but basically this is a totally baseless argument .

So in your mind the left wing leaning biased BBC news stories gets personal and insulting comments from the audience they aim for.

Politics is a dirty busines and personal comments and slurs are no different from any direction.

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It really isn't.

The record on SF is clear for all to see! It's not like it is hidden!  :)

A simple word search count is all that's needed to identify the perps!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The record on SF is clear for all to see! It's not like it is hidden!  :)

A simple word search count is all that's needed to identify the perps!

Suggested search terms:

Woke. Snowflake. Trump. Laptop. Gummint.

Edited by sibon