So Which God Do You Worship .

45 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

If you want a lesson in how stupid religion is, two words:

George Carlin!

Particularly when he talks about worshipping the sun and Joe Pesci, and the 10 Commandments.

No need to ask a comedian.  :)

Just open your eyes to the abject luxury that the Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the State of Vatican City, Servant of the Servants of God, (also known as The Pope, "Servant of the Poor") wallows in!

Real name, Jorge Mario Bergoglio, from Argentina!  :)

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, cuttsie said:

In my community we seem to have many people worshiping different gods , We have Christians , Buddhas, Mohammidans , islamists , Jehovaists , Catholics , Protestants  and so on . 

To me they are all like football club fans , blind to all other teams except their own ' 

Any way this morning I walked my usual woodland walk and as I came into a wide clearing I looked up , The sky was vivid blue , The waining moon could still be seen after lighting up the sky last night,           However above all this the sun was beaming down ,  It was actually very pleasant to feel the  warm rays on my face and I realised that I was looking at the true God ,  The one that life on Earth depends on ,  If it vanished from the Sky we would be nothing ,  Just a black hole where once there had been life .

So it set me wondering about the ancient Gods , The Sun and Moon Gods who were worshipped by long lost civilisations such as the Aztecs in South America , A people that were perfectly happy until Rome and the Vatican  City sent its Priests to convert these savages a thousand years ago .  

Why?????? I mean it is  pretty obvious that the Aztecs had got things bang on .  That was proved to me this morning while walking through a freezing landscape being smiled upon by that God in the Sky , The Sun .

All other religions seem to be the same , We are the ones to follow , Ours is the true carry on and so forth , They all try convert perfectly happy people to their way of thinking and they are all wrong .

The “ waining moon” 😂 Is the Bard in danger of losing his position as greatest English  literary figure ? 

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

A good bit of philosophical thinking there. Cuttsie!

Strangers that invent their own gods, are just after your "worldly goods"!

The best things in life are free!

Hang on to your wallet!  :)

The

Yes when I was a kid I remember the catholic priest calling on neighbours  ( not our house he would have not got as far as the door ), My old ma used to say " He is here again with begging bowl "  ,  

14 minutes ago, trastrick said:

No need to ask a comedian.  :)

Just open your eyes to the abject luxury that the Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the State of Vatican City, Servant of the Servants of God, (also known as The Pope, "Servant of the Poor") wallows in!

Real name, Jorge Mario Bergoglio, from Argentina!  :)

Bang on ,biggest gangsters on Earth 

13 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Yes when I was a kid I remember the catholic priest calling on neighbours  ( not our house he would have not got as far as the door ), My old ma used to say " He is here again with begging bowl "  ,  

Bang on ,biggest gangsters on Earth 

The sheep always need a shepherd! And sheep get shorn!

As some crudely, but accurately, put it, "There's a sucker born every minute!"

Takes a goodly amount of worldly "alms" and "tithes", and "collection plates", to keep those shepherds in the style they are accustomed to!

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1