So Which God Do You Worship .

57 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

If it makes you personally feel better then that is good and definitely not a bad thing.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with that one, after all what exists when you are dead! 

There certainly seems to be two beliefs that people are very passionate about, religion is one and the other is politics. But that is not really surprising as to me religion was the earliest form of politics as both were designed to control the masses, not by truth but belief.

What we consider a mystery now may actually be explainable in the future.

Indeed it may well be, but in my experience where science is concerned you solve one mystery and it creates two more in its place. I wonder if we'll ever know everything. If so, then the world will truly no longer be a mystery, but will we have lost something in the process -That sense of awe and wonder.?

I agree that religion is a form of politics and political control, usually formed by men, for men, which is why I was so pleased to see the ordination of women. To me that seems perfectly natural and hopefully promotes a more nurturing form of religion, less about ego and hectoring and more about kindness and care. The fact that it took so long rather proves the first point.

• Like 1