Father Christmas ,

Not bothered what you lot think,

I've just posted this,

"Dear Santa,

We haven't got a chimney, so I've sent you a Magic Key, now you can bring our presents and leave them underneath our tree.

This Key will only work on Christmas Eve.

You can come whilst were asleep.

Because WE really do BELIEVE."

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

I love this post ! and your accent.

Thanks Pat I have a American pal who thinks my accent is bang on , When he can understand it that is .

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

O, so tha wants a feight does tha ?

Tha'll find a few on us aatside waiting for thee an all.

Poor little dwaarf, gay an all,   spreading humanitarian aid to us on't  Abourthorne, because you'r lot on't Gleadless were oreight!

That's just ar hittler got staated.

Get thi cooat off .  Our kid will smack thi .

Have you lads and lasses never heard of the 3 stages of a man's life?

Initially he believes in Santa Claus,

Then he doesn't believe in him and,

Finally, he is him.

I know the truth because 5 years ago when my granddaughter was at her pre school group the real Santa fell ill at the last minute and I was asked to step in. Ho, ho, ho what a lovely time I had handing out presents to all the little people. Even my granddaughter didn't recognise me!

Many moons ago when I was at uni one of my tutors mentioned in conversation that he had told his children  virtually from birth that there was no such person as Santa Claus. Miserable so and so. From that point onwards I saw him in a different light. At least Scrooge eventually saw the error of his ways but not my tutor!

It saddens me that as the decades pass, childhood, which is a period of learning, magic and wonderment, appears to be contracting. Why does society appear to want them to grow up  before their time? There's no going back and children should be just that, not mini adults.

echo.

Edited by echo beach

16 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Have you lads and lasses never heard of the 3 stages of a man's life?

Initially he believes in Santa Claus,

Then he doesn't believe in him and,

Finally, he is him.

I know the truth because 5 years ago when my granddaughter was at her pre school group the real Santa fell ill at the last minute and I was asked to step in. Ho, ho, ho what a lovely time I had handing out presents to all the little people. Even my granddaughter didn't recognise me!

Many moons ago when I was at uni one of my tutors mentioned in conversation that he had told his children  virtually from birth that there was no such person as Santa Claus. Miserable so and so. From that point onwards I saw him in a different light. At least Scrooge eventually saw the error of his ways but not my tutor!

It saddens me that as the decades pass, childhood, which is a period of learning, magic and wonderment, appears to be contracting. Why does society appear to want them to grow up  before their time? There's no going back and children should be just that, not mini adults.

echo.

How did Charlie Titterton know I wonder